1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Insomnia

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JoeyCongo, Sep 15, 2019.

1. JoeyCongo

JoeyCongo Newcomer

Hello,

I've had TMS symptoms for a number of years--probably at least ten. These past few weeks I've had insomnia so I'm back on this wiki to try to deal with it. I'm optimistic since all my other issues went away within 10 days of beginning the structured program. In fact, I don't think I've ever gotten more than 13 days into structured program--I'm sort of curious as to what happens if I stuck with it for longer. Anyways, insomnia, as we all know sucks. Here's to working on it.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Check out this podcast: The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs LCSW. Start with #1. She will convince you that journaling needs to be a regular practice (she says daily) followed by meditation, to maintain TMS wellness. I don't journal every day, but I'm really trying to do at least 10 minutes of meditation daily, and I always have pen and paper next to my bed so I can write either first thing in the morning or last thing at night when I realize that I don't feel good. It has improved my well being!