1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 in pain again

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by greenAnt, Mar 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. greenAnt

greenAnt Newcomer

And Day 7.

I've been typing/computing more in the last days than in months. Working on a paid project the deadline of which is starting to close in, on volunteer work, and now on hobbies too. Oh the pain. I stopped working an hour ago and have been doing some journalling and reading. This relieved the pain somewhat. I guess I'll head out to the garden next.

...I've had bad "RSI" for the last two years and had been staying away from computational hobbies - and was unemployed for a lot of that time, dealing with health issues - but now with working on the idea of TMS I've started using duolingo's language learning program that I've been keen on for a long time.

It seems to trigger all my driving complexes of keeping going at a task even if I'm banging my head against it, even if I'm physically uncomfortable, even if it takes longer than expected, even if I'm increasingly in pain. That's sad. I don't want computing to be causing me pain at all. Wouldn't it be nice if I could just keep on at a task without pain?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Those of us who believe our pains are caused by TMS repressed emotions agree with Dr. Sarno that
    using a computer does not cause physical pain. Our subconscious is sending pain to get us to discover
    what the TMS psychological causes of our pain are.

I think spending more time in your garden and enjoying the work there will help take your mind off any pain.
    Try not to spend too much time journaling or reading about TMS. It can be counter-productive. Just believe
    100 percent that your pain is TMS psychological and it will be calming and relieve pain.

Deep breathing is a wonderful, profoundly calming practice, while thinking of positive, happy thoughts,
    visualizing you are in a happy, calm, sunny place. Like your garden.

3. greenAnt

greenAnt Newcomer

Thanks!