1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

In extreme pain right now

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by dberknyy24, Dec 1, 2019.

1. dberknyy24

dberknyy24 New Member

I discovered Dr. Sarno and TMS a few years ago and instantly got relief. My back was in pain all the time, and it went from weekly episode to monthly to maybe once or twice a year.

I'm currently in the middle of an episode where a spot on the right side of my lower back has seized up. Today is day two, and it's worse. I'm listening to the audiobooks and staying away from my foam roller. But I don't know what else to do.

Any advice for when you're in the middle of it? The pain is extreme.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Read (which your doing sort of w/audiobooks) and don't expect it to last long. Rebuke the Fear... the scariest thing is 'when is this gonna be over"...don't listen to that voice. Start some interior dialogue and start inspecting what has been going on that necessitated the symptom. There is ALWAYS something there.

3. dberknyy24

dberknyy24 New Member

Thank you for this. Even just getting your response—which is affirmation that I'm not crazy and I know for a fact that my pain is not structural and is indeed caused by TMS—seems to be helping.