1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 34 I'm seeing improvements!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cool_change, Mar 10, 2020.

1. cool_change

cool_change New Member

I thought I'd check in today, as it just hit me that yesterday I *hardly* thought about my symptoms at all, for the first time in months. I spent the afternoon at the beach, building sandcastles and playing in the sun and was so in the moment that I (almost) forgot about my pain *chef's kiss*. I went to bed last night (always the worst time for me physically) and hardly felt a symptom.

It's been a very long time of daily obsession about my pain (I know you all can relate), so this feels like a small but important victory. I've found that in the last week or two I'm generally reacting in a calmer way when I do have pain. I'm aware it's there, but my instinct is not to freak out with anxiety about it quite as much.

I know I've still got work to do, and the symptoms and anxieties are still there (today wasn't anywhere near as great as yesterday), but I count a day of mild symptoms and reactive thoughts to be a win - and wanted to share this small moment with you.

-- CC

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle