1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 I'm finally ready

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by G-Baby, Jan 5, 2022.

1. G-Baby

G-Baby New Member

This isn't the easiest thing to share, but I have been suffering from groin/testicle pain for a little over 3 years now.

I've had tons of tests that always turn up nothing out of the ordinary. Been to countless doctors. Expensive physical therapists. Acupuncture. Dry needling. Supplements. Anti-inflammatories. Stretching. Breathing. Meditating. You name it, I've done it and yet the pain has remained.

What brings me here is while the pain has for the most part been constant, I have noticed during times of high stress is dramatically increases and during better times it almost completely vanishes. When I get stuck in a loop of pain and looking for cures and letting the problem consume me, the pain lingers. When I get lost in something as simple as cooking a meal or a few week period where other things are good in my life, the pain fades to mere background noise.

I read Dr. Sarno's book a couple years back and while a lot of it resonated with me, I do not think I ever fully bought in. There were more treatments I wanted to try. More mystery diagnoses that I was convinced I would find and solve. Well...I've yet to find or solve them and here I am in a flare up of pain that has lasted months after almost a year of progressively getting better. I'm convinced now more than ever the pain I feel is tied to negative emotions deep inside my head. I am ready to do the work and finally set them free.

The stories here of people in much worse shape than me who have healed are inspiring. And while I may not have "back pain", I am convinced chronic pain such as this in any capacity can be related to certain personality types, especially those of us who live the life of a perfectionist.

It feels good to share my story and be around those who are on a journey ripe for change. I don't want to live in fear and pain any more. I want to be a new version of the old me. The happy me. The pain-free me.

Thanks for letting me share.

Satori and SSS like this.
  2. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

You are definitely in the right place! I like it: "A new version of the old me".

3. Satori

Satori New Member

"A new version of the old me"......I love that too! I feel everything you wrote. I am on day 1 and I already feel hopeful when I see I am not the only one. We can do it!

4. dottiefuqua

dottiefuqua Newcomer

Thanks for sharing your story with us. You're off to a great start. Hope is very powerful.

5. Cambo23

Cambo23 Newcomer

Oh no way, I've had chronic groin pain for over 3 years and getting mild symptoms of prostatitis. despite having all the checks and looking good. Day one for.me and its time to knock this. It sucks !