1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I'm back

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jessemac123$, Jun 11, 2012.

1. jessemac123$

jessemac123$ New Member

had my gall bladder removed in April. Pain only got worse. New development. My hands get numb and tingly and it's hard to sleep. Is the new hands thing a typical mbs symptom? I don't type hardly at all or do anything else repeatedly with mt hands or fingers

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Ugh tingly hands! Tingling is a symptom of TMS and I remember when I had tingling and numbness in my butt and thigh during some bad back pain. Very weird and kind of scary. But it turned out to be nothing.

3. quasar731

quasar731 Well known member

Oh so sorry to hear Jessemac!:( It is amazing the variety of symptoms that TMS can bring. Have you read the book by David D Clarke (he is a medical Dr) 'They can't find anything wrong'? It is enlightening to see the wide variety of symptoms that people develop. Some of it require a lot of investigating from a psychological point of view.

Monte Hueftle also talks about symptoms jumping from one place to the other in the body and also their ability to mutate or change. I have low back symptoms, also my hips, neck and shoulders get stiff and ache. I also have irritable bowel syndrome. I can get reflux if it gets bad. It is like having a red light in the body, you put it off on one side and jumps to the other.

The only way that I am managing this is by working at uncovering why my mind is doing what is doing. I ask questions and I ask loud and soon or later I get the answers. According to what I read in the David D Clarke book, some symptoms take a long time to disappear because the causes maybe buried very deeply in the subconscious. Some causes may just get resolved without you or I not doing anything specifically overt to correct it. It maybe resolved by a combination of external and/or internal factors not necessarily planned or directed by us. This is the disconcerting aspect of this syndrome, it has many layers. The layers are made off our world views, our principles, what drive us, our personality types, the experiences that we lived within and without. You name name it they are. So, here we go, one step at a time. We ask questions hoping for answers.

Look after yourself and walk gently. All the best in your recover.

4. chumba

chumba Peer Supporter

Jesse, I developed tingling and numbness in my fingers in the past few months. Had it diagnosed as Carpal tunnel by a neuro. Very annoying when combined with numbness and tingling in my toes for which there is no apparent cause.

While my symptoms aren't purely TMS I am convinced that my TMS tendency makes it a lot worse. In answer to your question numbness and tingling can be TMS.

5. jessemac123$

jessemac123$ New Member

Thanks to all who answered. Might have a break thru Much less pain and tingling in my wrists and hands. some relief of back pain. Here's hoping

6. quasar731

quasar731 Well known member

GGreat Jessemac, way to go!!! Keep it up;)

7. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome back, Jesse!

8. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya Jesse,

It is great to see you back, however I wish you were doing better. It is always interesting at what symptoms TMS will create. TMS tends to creates symptoms that will be soemthing we will fear or think, at least momentarily, that it has a structural cause. Our goal is to not let it trick us. It is great to hear that other people also had numbness and were able to get better.