1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

If we can change our perceptions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

so many of us hear how we need to have faith and othere say we need to have hope-while others say we need peace and joy-well im here to say if we dont change our perception of how we see life as, then these attributes wont last long-see we have been trained our entire lives on how to worry and think negative and expect the worst but hope for the best-were not trained growing up that our minds can lie to us and play tricks on us-i wish my school would have taught me that i controlled my mind and thinking-and then showed me how to acclompish the control thru the power of my perception.
    i hope to convey the message of freedom each time i write and i find myself writing about hope and a future-see its all the lessons of hope-peace-love-etc....intertwined ,mixed with we have power over our perceptions and we can change our perceptions that give us real power.....
    Think on these things-ill write more soon....
    god bless

Forest and veronica73 like this.
  2. trypp

trypp Peer Supporter

So true! We have so much power in how we choose to see the world. We get caught up in our fear or our anger and our emotions get ahead of us. These non-peaceful emotions feed on themselves, growing and taking on a life of their own. It can be so powerful to just step back, check ourselves, say "hey, what's going on?" and then find a different way of looking at our situation. "Hey, I'm angry, where is that taking me? Am I being as logical as I think I am or am I actually responding emotionally?" And once we've got that emotional awareness, then it is so much easier to cool ourselves down. To decompress. Because we know where the hopeless or unhappy thoughts are coming from and we know that they are not right. They don't own us.

Good post.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

trypp,thanks -you conveyed some great widom there-so true,so true:)