1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Laughter If Gandhi took a yoga class

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Ellen, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Gigalos, yb44 and Ryan like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

That's very funny. But I don't think Gandhi had to worry about a mortgage or credit card debt.
    Or maybe that's why he sold all his clothes and went around in a bed sheet.

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

ROFL! That is hilarious!

4. Mala

Mala Well known member

He may not have had to worry about a mortgage or debt but he worried about a whole nation's freedom from Imperialism & the partition of a great country into two countries & the terrible violence that would follow.

What he wore is a 'dhoti' a traditional item of clothing still worn by many Indians even today. His was special as he wove the cotton himself on a traditional spinning wheel as a protest against the British who were buying cheap cotton from India, exporting it back to the UK & then sending it back to India to be sold to the locals at exorbitant prices.

He was a great soul & a wise man, a man who practised Yoga in its truest form. The father of modern India.

Mala

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  5. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

love it, thanks Ellen

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mala. I didn't mean to make light of Gandhi. I respected him as a great humanitarian and human being.
    I was just trying to get a laugh. I know he had very heavy concerns and gave his life for them.

scorewrist, Mala and Ellen like this.
  7. scorewrist

scorewrist New Member

LOL That made my day! Thanks.

8. Ollin

Ollin Peer Supporter

It's funny (more the instructor's role than Gandhi's) and sad at the same time... how far most westerners are removed from the real essence of yoga.

Mala likes this.
  9. Mala

Mala Well known member

@Ollin I think that is the purpose of the video. Not so much laughing at Gandhi but more at the instructors, the way yoga is learned & is being taught The sarcasm about the names of the poses, what is being worn, the idea of fasting highlight the whole superficiality of what essentially is a way of life & how little understanding there is about the many components that make yoga what it is.

Ollin and Ellen like this.