1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ic

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by kitkatie124, Dec 27, 2015.

1. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

i am not sure if I am posting this in the correct spot because I am new to this website. I am wondering if burning urination is tms. I have no uti (hopefully because all the cultures I take are negativek) I also get stabs of nerve pain in my urethra and clieral area and up onto my bladder.

2. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

If you have seen an MD and ruled out infection.......then Yes, it could be TMS. Have you done any TMS work? Those stabbing pains you describe are all things I have had with TMS and it went away 100%..

kitkatie124 and mike2014 like this.
  3. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

There is no infection just burning :( during urination sometimes it shoots up my bladder while urinating and sometimes I can be walking around and get tingly pains down there ! I get very bad period pains now which makes these pains worse. I try to use tms skills but my mind tells me it's something worse because of the pelvic pain and pressure. I'm so happy to hear someone who treated this as tms and recovered.

Grateful17 likes this.
  4. Grateful17

When it comes to TMS (and this does sound like TMS) as long as you fear it or think it is structural, that will feed and fuel the symptoms......TMS causes the nerve fibers to burn (lack of oxygen).

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Litkatie. I'm glad Graeful17 replied and gave you encouragement from having similar symptoms.

I suggest you begin the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site. It will help you to discover the emotions causing your symptoms and this will lead to you healing.

kitkatie124 and Grateful17 like this.
  6. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

Okay thanks guys :) is burning urination a common symptom?

7. Grateful17

Yes, burning, zapping, tingling, shooting, moving, etc....some people get very severe burning in different areas of the body.
    I know you have ruled out infection, but have you seen a urologist just to rule out structural issues. I had to do all of that. They did several tests on me and could find nothing, of course I had no idea it was TMS back then.

8. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

I had ultra sound of bladder and ovaries/uterus and ct scan of pelvic and Mri of spine. the only other test I would need is cystoscopy of my bladder and to check for endometriosis because of the pelvic pain but I don't want either :(. What tests did you have done to rule out structural if you don't mind me asking! :)

Grateful17 likes this.
  9. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

And I also tried physical therapy

10. Grateful17

I had millions of UTI tests, Pelvic exams, cultures, X-rays, CT scan, MRI's, even an IVP where they inject dye into your system and watch it go through your kidneys and G.U. system. I also did a cystoscope (very invasive) all was Negative. (TMS) !!!!!!!
    Oh, if only I had found out about TMS much sooner.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    CGP likes this.
  11. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

This sounds just like me :( except I never had ivp because I had too many scans with dye. I don't know how to stop it from burning when I urinate or how to stop the pelvic pain. I try to say this isn't real but I think somewhere inside me I believe it is something wrong that's why. Sometimes I get stinging pain near my hips when I urinate but it just feels like nerve pain like you're saying. Thanks for sharing your story. How did you recover if you don't mind sharing.

12. Grateful17

I have used several things to recover. A Neural Rewiring Program, Tapping and TMS work. I would guess that I am about at 75% recovered. What is remaining is some strongly held food allergy symptoms that are basically conditioned responses. So I am still recovering and strive for 100% eventually. My symptoms from food allergies were what I had the most fear of and the things that scare us, also help to make those reactions stronger (deeply rooted neural networks in our brains). But I did not know all of that at the time.

The Neural Rewiring program I used was something that I still do, as it helps me so much and I love it. It is called DNRS (Dynamic Neural Retraining System.) Many people that do it, can obtain full recovery within 6 months to 1 year. Then some take much longer, but just like TMS, some people who do DNRS experience Book cures too and get well really quickly.
    DNRS teaches you how to stop the fight/flight/freeze stress response that keeps our trauma loops going. It uses NLP (neuro-linguistic programing), self guided visualizations, CBT, and many other things to literally rewire the over protective stress response of the subconscious and limbic brain that are causing the reactions in the first place. You can check it out at dnrsystem.com

Tapping really helped me too. I hired a Faster EFT practitioner to do private Skype sessions and we went through some of my past traumas and cleared them out, which gave me some relief of my physical symptoms.......(pretty cool)

Then I found out about TMS just this summer......DNRS does not call it TMS, they call it a Limbic System Injury. (Same thing). There are many things you can do to recover. And something that will help you tremendously is to practice TRUE INDIFFERENCE. Which is to live your life like the symptoms are not happening. The more you fight it or let it frustrate you, the more you fuel it. Acceptance, and not fighting it, will help. When we do this time after time, the brain catches on and realizes that it does not need to distract us with the symptoms anymore.

Your symptoms are coming from the unconscious/subconscious/limbic part of your brain, so when the Conscious brain says........"oh this is bad, or UGH, when will this ever stop" this makes things worse. We have the ability, with our conscious brain to interrupt that stress response, instead of feeding it.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  13. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

thanks so much :)

Grateful17 likes this.
  14. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

Thank you :)

15. jlteam5

jlteam5 New Member

Grateful17. How long did this process take you using TMS to get rid of your IC symptoms? I have relief after going pee for a short time. I feel worse after getting up from sitting an no burning while peeing. Just burning when movement and urine in bladder (even a few ounces). Almost like I can feel the urine moving in my bladder.

16. Grateful17

It took several months for the IC to get better. Be patient ......some take longer. The key is to NOT focus on the symptoms. IF they are holding your attention or keeping you in fear, then they will continue. TMS taught me to let go of fear and Preoccupation around all of my symptoms. I am still recovering but my IC is all gone.

17. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

I can feel the June moving out of my bladder when I pee I hate it it's like a pinching pulling feeling. I'm having a bad day today trying to be positive I got the divided mind and it was very eye opening.

18. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

Urine not June

19. jlteam5

jlteam5 New Member

Grateful17. How did you go about your day not letting it hold your attention? If I constantly feel like peeing, did you just go ahead and pee without making it seem wrong? Did you make yourself wait until it was a reasonable time to actually have to pee? Like every 2 hours. I've tried that and it seems like the longer I wait, the more it hurts. Should I just pee every 30-40 minutes and not give a care to it? Just hard to figure this out since sometimes it's hard to know if I really need to pee or if it's just the "fake" feeling.

20. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

Just wanted to say hi. I'm battling the IC/TMS too! At times it gets so depressing . I feel very lucky because I used to have a lot of pain and I often don't have any now. Sometimes just a little and that's usually musculoskeletal in the area. But yeah I'll have periods of time where I just constantly have to go to the bathroom and it is so so uncomfortable. I do notice it happens more when I'm stressed out so I can see the connection to emotions. Other times it just seems to happen, but I know we can be preoccupied with it. I love seeing that others have recovered. I try to remind myself that I have definitely improved too and have the right to focus on other goals I want for myself.

kitkatie124 likes this.