1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 I WILL dance again!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dancer, Mar 5, 2013.

1. dancer

dancer New Member

I have been reading dr. Sarnos books and journaling for about a month now, and although i am not symptom free yet, I am feeling better and improving my physical activities at home and at the gym. My biggest goal is to return to acrobatics and dance which i have not been able to do for exactly a year after a shoulder injury, sciatica on both legs and strange tingling took over my body! Right now my fear is strong but so is my will to conquer my issues. I know that someday I WILL dance again... :)

MorComm, JanAtheCPA and EricMd like this.
  2. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Yes, Dancer you will dance again. Send that fear away!!! One thing that helps me when fear tries to get a hold of
    me is that I deep breathe. I breathe in peace and calmness and breathe out fear, anxiety and pain. I do it many
    times and this seems to really help both in the fear and the symptoms.

I don't know if you have read anything about the autonomic nervous system but it sounds like maybe your autonomic
    nervous system is on overload. Dr. Brady in his book Pain Free for Life really explains this. It is a great read.
    I found when I understood what was going on in my body and I received this knowledge; the tingling and electricity
    in my body slowly left.

Your tenacity will surely get you dancing again.
    Thanks for sharing,
    G.R.

3. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Yes you will dance again very soon. Welcome to the healing journey..Good luck

4. dancer

dancer New Member

Thank you for my two replies! I feel like this is the beginning of something amazing...

5. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

"O body swayed to music, o brightening glance,
    How can we tell the dancer from the dance?"
    - W.B. Yeats

Certainly you will dance again if you conquer your fear and anxiety, which I have confidence that you will most certainly do.

PS- I'm assuming you have received a clean bill of health from an M.D., then you can launch into the TMS program offered here with the added confidence that nothing serious is amiss with you. (Had to say that as a moderator!)

Carole Mayer likes this.
  6. Carole Mayer

Carole Mayer New Member

Good luck Dancer. Awareness training has helped me. Just breathing and accepting yourself in the present moment. It helps you release the past and let go of fear. You have new friends rooting for you!

7. Carole Mayer

Carole Mayer New Member

Thanks for the poetry, Bruce. Beautiful, along with the good advice.

8. BruceMC

So "Dancer" has morphed into Carole Mayer I presume? Thanks!

9. Carole Mayer

Carole Mayer New Member

Nope. I was just reading other people's stories for inspiration, and I love poetry.

10. BruceMC

Oh, I get it. "Dancer" and "Carole Mayer" are two separate individuals. Those lines from Yeats are the locus classicus for what Frank Kermode calls the Romantic Image in modern art and are quoted all the time. They're at the conclusion of Yeats's poem "Among School Children" if you want to seek out the source.

11. Carole Mayer

Carole Mayer New Member

Thank you, Bruce.