1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I released suppressed sadness by dreaming last night. Never happened to you the same?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dakota, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Hello! I am at the 2 round of the program, the first time I decided to quit after a couple of weeks because I felt better. Mistake! Now, with my therapist I decided to start over, and I am ad day 4.
    Anyways, given that my second job is meditation advisor (that's teacher+ coaching), and I'm in my 5th training in a year where I'm meditating a lot, with aaallll the consequences that you can imagine in terms of emotions movements, tonight something very powerful happened to me.

I had this dream, very specific: I was crying and I told a person(i don't remember who) how much I was suffering for people of my family passed away in the past, for the ones that now are sick and how much I'm scared by the future ( related to death) that I cannot control.

In that moment - in the dream- I had the awareness that I was for the first time in my life surrendering to this deep sadness. I told myself "you are doing it, you are connecting with your suppressed sadness, and now stay with this sadness, the program and the therapist are working for this". And during the dream i stayed with this sadness to the point that, sleeping, I thought
    " ok, I'm staying with this sadness, I can do this".

It was so real. Wow.

Anyone during the program, or in general, released any suppressed emotions or whatever was at the core of his mind body stat, while sleeping?

Thank you!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Dakota

Your experience reminds me of having a dream and awakening with the deepest sense of sadness. It was profound. I felt (not really through concrete thinking) that this was a natural experience, given my life and history. Like it was buried in me all the time, and it had emerged. This sounds like your realization. I don't recall the content of the dream, but to me that was not important. It was the felt sense, and the truth.

I was left with a deeper understanding of my life, and I also felt there was a very deep healing of my heart. Sadness to me has a very profound heart quality which is close to compassion. To be so profoundly drenched in this experience, to me was a blessing.

The depth of sadness as it came out in your dream seems very natural. Thank you for sharing this.

3. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Thank you Andy for the answer and for sharing your experience. I don't remember anything abut the night, I only can remember that specific segment. I felt a release, deep release, and I saw a clear awareness of what was going on during that frame. When I woke up I didn't feel sad, but aware of the sadness I have.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

What a beautiful experience. To me this is evidence of very deep movements and healing...

5. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Thank you Andy... I hope so. I'm having several experiences during the night. It seems that my brain is going to release the roots of my pain, but in a way that's affordable for me right now, so throough dreaming,