1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 11 I needed 5 years to finally read the book I already bought

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lydia, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

As I read the article of Armchair Linguist, I rememberd that I had bought the book of Sarno 'Healing Backpain' about 5 years before I started to use it for the first time.
    When I bought it, I was then totally absorbed by the medical diagnoses about a lot of physical issues. All such strange pains. A couple of them were not related to anything I did or didn't. But all the therapists and doctors I visited, they knew what was wrong (posture, muscle problems etc.) and they promised to heal my quickly. Amazing what stories they've told me... Of course, they could earn a lot of money with the hope they gave me. (Sometimes I still feel a bit shame about me believing all those stories...).
    Now to me those pain-spots are not weird anymore at all. I see the mind is just so clever to choose the spots that confuse and distract me the most. It took however many years, money, tears and tons of courage to finally give up upon the hope therapists gave me, to just read the book I already had, and in total clarity surrender to the very simple but accurate diagnosis of TMS...
    Happy to wake up now for 2 weeks ago. To see that the frozen shoulder that has been visiting me since September, again is 100% TMS. And happy for this program!

eskimoeskimo likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lydia,

Wonderful post. Thanks for your encouraging words, for yourself and others...Most of us come to Dr. Sarno as a last resort. I appreciate how deeply you are embracing this work.

Andy B

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lydia. As they say, better late than never! You are on your way to healing, now that you have embraced Dr. Sarno's belief in TMS and have committed yourself so entirely to the SEProgram.

4. intense50

intense50 Well known member

I know how eel I saw the 20/20 clip in 2011 and dismissed it until 2016. Like Steve O says....the brain will not be denied.