1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I need information please if possible.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by nancy, Nov 2, 2013.

1. nancy

nancy Well known member

Would someone be able to explain parts therapy to me? I am interested but just
    can not figure it out. I know I am very depressed over my chronic leg pain but
    just trying to figure this out but with such a slow depressed mind is difficult. Depression
    slows the mind as you know. I have been in constant leg pain while standing or walking
    for 8 yrs now. No medical reason. My life is so very depressing now. I was an active, very
    active ballet teacher and nurse, pilates, aerobics teacher and a runner. I now have nothing
    to relieve my stresses. It is hard to walk on legs that hurt but I do it. I am strong but this is
    becoming discouraging. Thank You, Love you all, Nancy

2. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Nancy, "The Great Pain Deception" by Steve Ozanich has just been rocking my world. You will be comforted...and cheered...by his first hand account of his chronic pain and COMPLETE recovery.

My leg pain started about 12 years ago. (Shin splints and the grand finale being a hugely swollen and painful achilles.) I've also been very active like you....hiking, aerobics, cycling, swimming... And gradually, I would joke that all I could do was sit in my comfy chair, wrapped in an egg-crate mattress with one finger free of pain. Gah...no wonder my world kept shrinking. The hardest part was that even walks were going by the wayside. I was angry and in despair.

I'm back to walking 3 miles, nearly pain free, hiking, swimming and overall, enjoying physical activity. The books, this forum and practicing a guided imagery meditation every day (it's about 20 minutes long) have been what's helping me. And oh yeah...the Structure Education Program too. I'm going to go through that again...it was THAT helpful.

It hasn't been a bed of roses though. My latest symptom imperatives are popping up, left and right. But they're not as loud and as demanding. (My hands are acting up just typing this.)

I know you can get through this, Nancy. Keep adding to your knowledge and your faith.

Healing hugs to you...

nancy likes this.
  3. nancy

nancy Well known member

4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Thank You so much, I have lost almost all hope, you helped me and encouraged
    me, Than You, Nancy

5. nancy

nancy Well known member

6. nancy

nancy Well known member

Thank you all, you have been so supportive. I have read all Sarno's books and
    have experienced every test to the ultimate. No results, everything negative, I
    know I had a rough life, so what many do, why do I have to end up with this pain
    for no reason, because I am a generous, loving person? Nancy

7. nancy

nancy Well known member

8. nancy

nancy Well known member