1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

i just sign up last night i have tms for at least 12 to 15 yrs

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by taxslayer, Oct 18, 2012.

1. taxslayer

taxslayer New Member

it started in my lower back and now its seems to be all over my neck shoulders legs feet it makes my life diffucult at times i have a anger problem to cause i allways in pain my spelling is not the greatest so bear with me thank you i have read so many books on tms but i just dont get it i want to be free of pain its like i am trap in my own body and i cant get out i have a full time job but its tough thank you for listening to me i am just venting its amasing how chronic pain change my life

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I have TMS back pain and am trying to follow the other members' suggestions for treating it. Read what others are doing. But BELIEVE the pain comes from repressed emotions, probably going back to childhood. But current ones, too.

3. Lori

Lori Well known member

Tax: Read the TMS books again. This new perspective needs to sink in and this doesn't usually happen overnight.

Many of us who were in agony are now pain-free; this program works and we believe in it.

You can be free of pain too.

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Having pain for that long can be very frustrating. My symptoms lasted for over 18 years and I am now pain free. Just because you have symptoms for a long period of time doesn't mean you still can't recover. One of the biggest factors of recovering invovles gaining confidence in both the approach and in yourself. Reading TMS books, the wiki, and forum posts can help you better understand what TMS is and how to get better. I also found reading success stories to be very helpful as well. My video success story is at http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/2-my-success-story.127/ .

As Lori said, You can be free of pain too. If you commit to this approach and do the work, you will get there.

5. Lala

Lala Well known member

Have you tried working with a therapist, preferably one who is familiar with TMS? Have you seen a TMS doctor? It is normal to feel stuck...this is a difficult process, especially when the negative thinking patterns are so ingrained. Keep with it...have you read Ozanich's THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION or Schubiner's UNLEARN YOUR PAIN? Both have great practical tips and advice on how to move forward. I totally understand how you feel. Sometimes it doesn't feel like you are moving forward at all...but you are, just keep saying, "Every day in every way I am getting better and better." You will get there. keep posting

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Lala, I've used the "Every day" mantra for years and it really works for me. It even helps put me to sleep.

I'm reading Steve's book but it has so much to tell, it's not easy for me to grasp it all. I'll keep reading and spend more time
    with the advice that might be more helpful for me. After 22 days on Sarno and Dr. Brady's 6-week plan I feel less pain
    but sure envy those who said they were pain-free overnight after reading Sarno. I wish they would say how they did it.

7. Lala

Lala Well known member

there is a section in Steven's book (towards the end) where he talks about the questions you pose (and yes his book is very meaty...I'm reading it very slowly, and plan to reread it as soon as I'm done...it has made a huge difference in my healing). Once section you can skip to is called (chapter 37) IS IT GONE YET? UH-YOU STILL HERE? and yet another (chapter 36) TROUBLE HEALERS: UNCONSCIOUS RESISTANCE TO CHANGE....I think you will find both of these sections really helpful...skip ahead and check them out.

Steven does address this questions of why some people heal overnight and others takes months or years...he speculates it has a lot to do with our individual learning styles (right or left brain)...also some of us (like me) heal very quickly, as I did 10 years ago, but then b/c we didn't integrate the wisdom on a deep level, we have reoccurring pain later in life (like me now). Stop comparing yourself to others. You are an individual. We all integrate information and overcome our challenges differently. This is your personal evolution...it is a magnificent, powerful, and incredibly challenging process...but you must honor that it has to run its course as it pertains to you and only you.

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'll read those chapters this morning after doing my Sarno and Brady work. I haven't had any real bad back pain lately and when
    minor pain occurs I tell my subconscious it's not physical but from emotions and it goes away, so I know it's working. And I'll try
    reading Steve slowly and be patient with the healing. Thanks very much.

9. Lala

Lala Well known member

walt ...when we fight we create tension...so asking questions like, "why am I not healing the way others are" is creating tension, its like you are fighting yourself....just let it go...acceptance is such a huge part of this. it some ways its a relief..it unburdens you. I feel like when I finally accepted the pain as part of me and when I accepted that my healing would takes its own individual course, that is when I really started to see major progress...both emotionally and physically. You are doing great. This is such hard, soul-searching work. It is all worth it.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

More good advice. When I think of the troops returning injured from Afghanistan I tell myself I shouldn't
    concern myself about my pain.

11. Lala

Lala Well known member

everybody fights there own battles. I think it is important not to compare ourselves with others. Sometimes I berate myself (negative self-talk) for being unconsciously enraged about things from my childhood, when really my childhood was pretty damn awesome compared to many I know...I have friends/family who were raped by their fathers and neglected as infants to the point of near death. I have friends/family who were beaten or abandoned etc. etc. But I've come to realize that the unconscious (specifically our Id) doesn't discern they way our conscious minds do between who has it worse or who has it better...separation rage is separation rage, whether it is a small separation or a grossly traumatic separation. Abandonment/rejection is abandonment/rejection no matter how small/minor or big/dramatic. Grief is grief. We just need to honor and accept whatever we have been through in our lives. We have to remember that our pain is a signal to be acknowledged and then dealt with by NOT obsessing over it. We should never feel guilty because our pain is not as BAD as someone elses. Our pain, emotional or physical, is relevant for us and only us...Let the injured soldiers trial and tribulations inspire you to overcome...

12. Lala

Lala Well known member

PS-sending you a big warm hug of support Walt!

Terry likes this.
  13. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

You're absolutely right. No one can feel anyone else's pain anyway.
    And our subconscious only knows what we think and feel.

14. taxslayer

taxslayer New Member

still have alot of pain in my foot it has been a tough road and moving to my groin and legs and shoulders i very fustrated

15. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Believe your subconscious TMS symptoms are causing your pain, and I am confident
    you will heal. Have you read Dr. John Sarno's HEALING BACK PAIN? That's the place to go.
    amazon.com books has used copies cheap. And read the earlier posts on TMSwiki.
    Lots of good advice there and posts from people who are now pain free.
    I'm getting there.

16. Lala

Lala Well known member

pain moving is a good sign. it means your unconscious knows you are onto it and its trying desperately to divert your attention from the psychological stuff. I am in a new phase of healing (minimal to no pain) after several weeks of intense pain that moved from my feet to my hands, then my neck, then my shoulder, then left collar bone (weird!)....now looking back I see that intense pain/frustration period (which included anxiety and depression as well) was just my unconscious fighting hard. If you stick with your healing practice (for me journaling, dancing, therapy, reading) you will eventually prove to your unconscious that you are aware and you will no longer tolerate any physical symptoms.....your unconscious will give up the fight and you WILL heal...the pain will dissipate...it may not feel like a linear process while you are going through it..but it is happening. I can only see it clearly now looking back.

17. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'm so glad you have come through the tough week and now have minimal to no pain.
    I believe I've entered the minimal pain phase and my subconscious mind is starting to give up on me with pain.
    I take my long morning walk with Annie and this morning felt more back pain than usual on our walks,
    but am thinking positively that it is my subconscious fighting back for a last stand. I hope.

18. Lala

Lala Well known member

keep going walt. I believe in you!!!

19. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Lala, glad to hear you are doing so well. :)

Lala likes this.
  20. taxslayer

taxslayer New Member

started reading unlear your pain again i wish i can go to some body to show me what MBS OR TMS TO TEACH ME or try to make the connection to read the book over and over it is really hard at times i am a very nervous person which does not help maybe some day it will click