1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I Identify w/ Armchair Linguist

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by richard landry, Apr 28, 2012.

1. richard landry

richard landry New Member

As with all of the previous sharings in each lesson, I find some commonality of experience with the author. For instance, in Armchair Linguist sharing, I had similar experiences with: "...massage therapist/acupuncturist, osteopath, chiropractor..." At thirteen I was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis, which I assume is similar to the author's :
    "...my adolescent knee pain..." I have been utilizing a Homeopathic physician & Homeopathic prescriptions to treat my Fibromyalgia and have also experienced: " Something would work for a while, then not work as well." I have worn orthotics for the last 2 years and on previous occasions have worn three seperate sets of orthotics prescribed by different doctors, all to no avail. I'm very frustrated with trying so many different and unsuccessful remedies and have almost (but not entirely) accepted the idea that my situation is incurable. Knowing about TMS has given me a lot of encouragement to continue seeking a real solution. I hope that the Structured Educational Program is my path to a cure.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm glad to hear that you like Armchair Linguist's Story. Reading other people's stories and making these connections can be really helpful to recover. It helped me accept the diagnosis. You sound discouraged that all of the other remedies you tried didn't work. Before I learned about TMS I also gave pretty much every other treatment a try. The reason why they don't work, is because they treat the symptom and not the cause. TMS works because it treats the real cause of our symptoms. This diagnosis works, and your situation is curable. Continue to read and journal until you accept that this will work for you. Going through the program is a great step towards recovery. Continue to journal and educate yourself about TMS, and you will be pain free.

3. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

This - should be your mantra, my mantra, and everyone who has DOUBT's mantra. Because I've done what Forest suggested here, and ever-so-slowly I'm seeing improvement. The "book cures" are real, but they're rare. So those of us who've had pain for a number of years, need to look deeper. We need to be honest, and we need to really "walk our talk". We need to change the way we act and react. It's a tall order, but it can be done - in time.

This is the key.

BG

4. Imagyx

Imagyx Peer Supporter

I read A.L.'s story on day 11 of the SEP today and have one question:

Did this work and can it help me with TMS ?
    If so, how do I do that ?