1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I could use some advide relating to pain in my urethra/penis

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by marine89, Mar 4, 2021.

1. marine89

marine89 Peer Supporter

Heres a little about my story! I was in a car accident in 2015 and shortly after developed very severe neck pain that plagued me for many years. I found dr sarno and TMS back in 2017 and did alot of work. I really believed in the syndrome and constantly worked hard day in day out to rid myself of the severe neck pain that ruined my life for years. By 2019 i started to get soo much better. Than in june 2020 i was diagnosed with Chlamydia, which im sure i got from an unfaithful girlfriend. I was treated immediately in July 2020. Tests kept coming back negative but the pain in my urethra didnt go away. Im left now with a severe stinging, sharp jabbing pain that comes and goes throughout the day. It literally feels like somethings stuck inside my urethra. Its been a good 6-7 months of this to no avail. The pain can be so disturbing as its in such a vulnerable area. Because i actually did have a bacterial infection my mind is totally fixiated on the fact i did some serious irreversible damage. Apparently 50 pct of men who get this dont even have symptoms as its asymptomatic, yet i was treated and still feeling serious pain 6 months out. Im at a total loss of words and what to think about this but i just feel defeated. I finally beat the neck pain only to be replaced with this issue which is worse than the neck pain i ahd for several years. Any help or thoughts on this would be tremendously helpful to me.. Thanks

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I'm so sorry to hear about your suffering. It sounds uncomfortable. I do think it sounds like TMS given your history with chronic pain and the fact that you were able to overcome it using TMS methods. As such you know how to approach this already, and this new symptom is no different. You did not do irreversible damage to your body, you took the appropriate medication for an infection and subsequent tests proved this was successful. Your brain is creating the pain out of alarm generated by fear which your brain is alerted to easily since the car accident. Do what you need to do to calm yourself about this whether that is accepting the symptoms are harmless by yourself or returning to the Doctor for a checkup. Once you are given the all clear, you can decide to accept the pain when it shows up, reassure yourself, and employ the successful methods you used to overcome your initial presentation of TMS.

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Symptoms tend to tell us by their location something of the psychological constipation going on in us that is making us need a symptom. I would imagine that being cheated on is pretty rage inducing. Testicle pain and that whole area seems to be a primetime TMS area for men having sex relationship issues. Many of the young men I work with have this kind of stuff and it always seems to correspond to bad relationships....and None of them have ever had anything serious actually going on.

The next time you catch yourself fixating on it you might want to focus on that particular RAGE inducer. I have found that Sarno's recommended "turn your thoughts to a recurrent source of irritation" advice is the front line in the TMS battle.
    That is actually part of the problem... the fixation. The body can heal ANYTHING. If you treated it and it's gone, it's gone... the fixation is TMS. It's there to distract you from how pissed you are.

backhand likes this.