1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I climbed a tree . . .

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by birder, Apr 13, 2018.

1. birder

birder Well known member

. . . because there was a geocache hidden halfway up (What's geocaching, you may ask? Only the funnest outdoor treasure-hunting game EVER). Because of TMS, there's a snarky little devil who sits on my shoulder and says, "You can't. You won't be safe. It'll hurt. If not today, tomorrow." And I've listened. Today, I told that devil to f-- off because I was going to climb that tree and get that cache. Started up, chickened out. Started up again. AND MADE IT. Omigosh, I'm a long way up. There's sap in my hair. But it was awesome.

karinabrown, Ines, Ellen and 3 others like this.
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Birder,
    Wow! That's fantastic!

birder likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing the real work!! Thanks for sharing this. Oh, to be alive and assert our desires!

birder and Lizzy like this.
  4. Ines

Ines Well known member

Super cool!

Lizzy and birder like this.
  5. Lynn S

Lynn S Peer Supporter

Say what? keep that experience in your back pocket. Thanks' for sharing!

Lizzy and birder like this.