1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I am happy to share my progress :-)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ania, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Ania

Ania Peer Supporter

Hi All,
    3 months passed after reading dr. Sarno first book and joining this forum, and although I still have some back pain I can already tell I have my life back!
    The most important is that I went out of my depression and anxiety! The pain still attacks, sometimes more then ever (extinction bursts?) but I am not afraid of it anymore. I am 100% confident of having TMS, I know my spine is ok and act according to this.
    As dr. Sarno said:
    1. Gain the knowledge
    2. Act on this knowledge

I've done so many things recently, that brought my live back:
    - I am running 2-3 times a week, and stretching after running! Two months ago I was in panic when even thinking about wearing running shoos.
    - I signed up to dance lessons.
    - When I feel others are overwhelming me with their problems, or putting to much on me I communicate it aloud. Before I say "yes", I stop for a moment and ask myself what I really feel about it.
    - I've made some interior decoration changes at my home - this means I do things that give me pleasure again!
    - I've made some shopping, buying new clothes and shoes which is a success for me, as going to shopping center and bending my back to try new trousers or shoes was really stressful for me :)
    - I wear high heel shoes again every day! I love high heels but I dropped wearing them due to LBP many months ago.
    - I rebuke my kids for doing silly things :) :) I was in such a bad shape recently that I had no energy to raise them up.
    - I take no pills, no medicines. I got rid of all back helping/ supporting gadgets
    - I can sleep on my belly, with my head turned left or right and no neck pain in the morning!
    ... as you see - a lot of small things that a bringing joy and light back into my life.

I know there is still a long (or maybe short, who knows) way in front of me until I can say I am 100% healed, but now I have the confidence that I go a right direction. There are still things in the basement... but now I know they are there, and I am not afraid of them.

Cheers, and BIG THANK YOU to all good people helping on this forum
    Ania

Tennis Tom, MAG, plum and 3 others like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Ania, I am SOOOO happy to hear this! You are doing it! danceadancea

plum and Ania like this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ania,

Thanks for your update. You have made huge progress, and don't worry if it is not "100%."

\

What a beautiful realization!! Life-changing, I think. Maybe other challenges in life will be easier.

You might like my post awhile back:
    https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/ease-trust-success-and-positive-loops.19807/ (Ease, trust, success, and positive loops)

Keep us posted!

Andy B

plum and Ania like this.
  4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

And this my love, you have done.
    I’m delighted to read this post and glad that you have actively posted here throughout those three months because it is a path for others to follow.

Here’s to your continued success ❤️

(and isn’t sleeping on your belly the best).

Plum x

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Ania

Ania Peer Supporter

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Good!! I am very happy for you!
    Andy