1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 I am doing extremely well

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by atticusk93, Sep 27, 2022.

1. atticusk93

atticusk93 Newcomer

It's sort of hard to believe the shift that has happened in my life since i found out about TMS two weeks ago. I have already learned so much and I can't wait to keep improving. There have been a couple of challenges however.

-Sometimes, it's hard to talk myself down when I have symptoms. There were a couple of days where I was having trouble connecting with the idea that the things I am feeling are safe sensations. I decided that I was probably just tired, and my mind was searching for something to fixate on. This ended up being the truth, and the next day I was right back on.

-It's not that people don't believe you, but It's difficult to explain to them how awful the chronic pain was. I do not need to be believed or understood for this to work, but I've been at a bit of a loss to explain what I've been going through.

I'm looking forward to what the future brings. These past two weeks have been dreamlike.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome report, @atticusk93!

Telling others is not easy! I learned to say that I was working on my symptoms from a mindbody point of view, and that I was finally making progress. If anyone wanted to know more, I would either direct them to the tmswiki.org main page, or recommend The Divided Mind by Dr. Sarno (I like that one because Dr Sarno dispenses his theories in four efficient chapters, and turns it over to six other mindbody professionals, mostly MDs).

Keep it up, and keep us posted.

~Jan