1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 I always knew

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by fighter against IBS, May 1, 2013.

1. fighter against IBS

fighter against IBS New Member

I have IBS and I am starting to understand that my symptoms are mental and accept this. I am very perfectionist, I always try to please others and I am very self critical. I believe that all of this just gets worse or it is the cause of all of my symptoms.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

You are in the right place Fighter. Those very personality traits drive everything I do. I am furious with myself that I constantly drive myself to be perfect. If I have something coming up I play it over and over again in my mind to make sure I am perfect.

Then afterwards I replay over and over wacking myself on the head for one minor flaw. It is exhausting and painful mentally and physically. Journaling helps me immensely to understand what I do to myself, how furious it makes and a way to get all that emotion out of my body.

Welcome Fighter to an amazing journey.