1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tutorial How to send a private message

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, May 16, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey,

A few people have asked recently how to send a private message to someone and I just want to clarify a few things. The easiest way to send another wiki member a message is to click on the "Start a New Conversation" link under the Inbox tab. At this point you just need to put down the reciepient and write the message. Messages look a lot like forum posts, however they are private between the message recieipents.

The reply function will simply automatically quote the post you clicked reply on. To respond to a message (or a thread) all you really need to do is type in the box at the bottom of the page. All of the functanality that threads have are also in private messages. The only difference is that private messages are between the selected receipeints (for the most part this will be two people) and are not shown publicly.

Some things to keep in mind:

A lot of the links on the wiki, especially ones to some of the success stories, go to the old site (tmswiki.wetpaint.com). That site also has a messaging system. However, the user accounts between this forum and the old site do not match up, so if you want to send someone a message through that system you may need to create a new user account.

Here's an example, on day 1 of the program there is a link to Peg's success story which is located on the old wiki at http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/account/Peghanson . If a person has an old wiki account they will be able to send Peg a message. However, Peg also has an account on this forum, so it would probably be better to send her a private message on this site.

Generally, I think it is best to send messages on this forum. It has a better interface, and you won't have to create a new account. If you are ever confused about where you are just look at the url. If the url is tmswiki.org/forum you are in the right place. If it is tmswiki.wetpaint.com you are on the old site and some things may function differently.

Hopefully this clarifies things a little bit. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask.

Forest

2. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

"The easiest way to send another wiki member a message is to click on the "Start a New Conversation" link under the Inbox tab."

Hi Forest, Where are these located? Livvy

3. Livvygurl

I found it!

4. quasar731

quasar731 Well known member

Nice avatar Livvygurl!

5. Livvygurl

Thanks Quasar, How are you these days? By the way, it is a healing Mandala. The colors seem very tranquil, peaceful. Best, Livvy

6. quasar731

Thank you Livvy, yes the colours of your mandala are beautiful.

Thank you for asking about me, and how are you feeling at the moment?

I am doing as best as I can considering a number of things that are happening in mine and my husband's working lives. There is so much positive and so many changes coming our way too. It seems like the life force is trying to effect some changes.

As one of our great Aussie actors (Jack Thomson) has said...'our crowning glory is the present'. So I am working at thinking present, it is in this blessed present that we make both past and future. How amazing! So there are moments in which I get symptoms, like in the last two days IBS has not been the kindest, or low back and hip symptoms. Such is our walk with TMS, every day becoming more aware of it, more mind self-debating, more self reminding that this is a very cleaver psychological strategy and that we must work 'gently' at being ahead of it.

In short Livvy, I am working on my cognition patterns and the behaviors that result from it. It is an amazing walk to say the least. But hey! we are alive and we are enlightened. Imagine battling this and not having an idea of what it is? Thanks to Dr Sarno and website!

Have a great day!

7. Livvygurl

Quasar731,

I will send you a private message!

Livvy ~

8. Livvygurl

Hi Q,
    That is great that you feel some positive changes are coming about. Sorry to hear about your recent pain and other symptoms. Have you asked yourself what the root cause (feelings) may be? I have lived with this pain for 15+ years (without really knowing what it was) and am so grateful to be involved in a community where people understand the ups and downs of TMS. It is great to have such a welcoming support system, cause TMS can be to challenging to challenge.

I have shed a lot of body tension just knowing that I am basically okay. I am working on 'range of motion' with a body worker, I can see myself taking a gentle yoga class eventually. Do you think people with TMS are enlightened? Today I got in touch with some sad feelings and just sat with it, without judgment. During this, I realized that I was free of body pain, and felt tingly and healing energy in my body. I guess that is a sign that I will feel better if I focus on the feeling of the moment whether it is related to the past or to the present. There is so much to explore with the mind and feelings. Have you done a structured program yet (there are two free ones)? I am still in the researching phase. I am trying to learn all I can about TMS, I may be a little obsessed with it in fact but my goal is to heal and be more physical with less fear. This is tricky business, like you said we have to work ‘gently’ toward moving past all the mind and body games.

Best,

Livvy ~

Ps The colors were acting very controlling on my computer : )

9. Livvygurl

That was meant to be a private message but it is okay if it is public!! (Haha)

10. quasar731

Hi Livvy,

Thank you so much for your posting, I so appreciate it. I will get back to you today because your questions require a reflective answer. I am about to take off to an appointment. Talk to you soon.

Blessings for a good day!