1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How to get over what the chiropractors have told me?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mja1233, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Mja1233

Mja1233 New Member

I have been told, for the last 3 years, that my neck (loose ligaments? Misaligned c1 and c2?) Is the cause of my symptoms ( dizziness, headaches, neck pain, etc). Nothing traumatic has ever happened to my neck other than mild "whiplash" that happened 2 years before my symptoms came on. However, because that was the only answer I have ever gotten (medically cleared), I believed this and have been doing physical therapy, adjustments, prolotherapy, heat/ice, etc etc (you all know the drill) to "fix" my neck.

I now believe I have TMS but I am having a hard time believing that I don't have a misalignment that is causing these issues. My brain keeps saying "maybe it's both." My chiropractor has shown me, physically with a spine model, what my vertebrae look like when misaligned which then "presses" on my brainstem causing the issues I have.

How to I unlearn what they have told me and stop thinking physically when I get neck pain which causes headache/dizziness? Should I visualize my neck being in alignment?

Thank you!

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

How should I stop believing the earth is flat now that I have seen a photo from earth orbit?

If you go to the flat earth society website they have a model that proves the earth is flat...

I am not being mean... There is no 'secret' to believing in TMS. It makes more sense, has more consistency. It takes Hundreds of pounds of pressure to move human vertebrae . Even if they were 'misaligned' Your chiropractor couldn't straighten them out without a sledge hammer.... chiropractic is pure, 100% Bullshit...and all of us here have wasted lots of time and money believing their fairytales of the fragility of the most highly evolved physical being on earth

In 2013 I BROKE a vertabrae in my spine during a fall which also severed my thumb. They discovered it (healed) in tests in 2015 during other unrelated x-rays. I never had pain because I didn't expect any (I was more focused on my severed thumb)

Can I believe the world is flat and round simultaneously? No. someone isn't making sense OR getting results.... Hmmm..

20 years+ painfree

peace

grapefruit and silentflutes like this.
  3. Mja1233

Mja1233 New Member

I appreciate your bluntness. Thank you. I have definitely been feeling like it is all bullshit especially when I tell her something is acting up she says I am "retracing" whatever the hell that means. I guess seeing before and after xrays and how they look different has tricked my brain into thinking vertebra can move that easily when logically if they could, I guess laying down on my bed would misalign my entire spine.

Baseball65 likes this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

5. Mja1233

Mja1233 New Member

Thank you foe your reply. The whole A-O joint thing going out and then getting the one sided headache is exactly what I feel and I can often feel a lump as well. I am definitely going to start incorporating visualization.

Thank you!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

What was your emotional psychological conditions while you were growing up? What do you think generally on daily basis? Just some sense of awareness about way you are right now emotionally psychologically tells a lot about why you need physical issue. More you are aware of your emotional and psychological tendencies, I think more clear it might be to you that it is actually TMS. It doesn't need detail rigorous scan of yourself. Just casual simple query as to how you feel and think normally when nothing much is going on in your life. Kind of what is your default feelings & thoughts?

7. Mja1233

Mja1233 New Member

Definitely a lot of fear. Constantly trying to think of solutions. Was raised in a dysfunctional home with a drug addict father and was basically the adult as a child. Once I got my symptoms, it's been a lot of fear of not being able to fix it and trying to come up with solutions.

8. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

Makes sense. Healing is tricky. I have attempted to put it down on my last post in support sub forum. Can you check that ou?