1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How to cure mental illness using tms technique

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Feb 20, 2019.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Im trying my best to reduce ocd and its getting to a point where im suicidal (just thoughts) its making me sleep less i cannot control it. family wants to put me in a hospital for this. im refusing to take meds because of what people say about it (bad things) and im a 100% tms believer (cured my pain) and sarno clearly says no to medicines. heck im almost skeptical if i should go to therapists. my case has become worse and worse. therapist says acceptance comes first, then chose and then take action. told me to read a workbook but i dont have time because ocd takes that time (rituals) and ocd wants me to not read it. idk what to do guys. my grandma is taking a bunch of pills because shes stressed about my situation. i have no friends and my family gave up on me. i dont know what acceptance even means with ocd. like accept whats happening?

im lost dont know what to do.

i know tms and ocd are related. but damn this is hard

like before i go to sleep i spend 1 hour checking my room and when i wake up in the middle of the night i do that too. if i dont check my pillow or bed or stuff i repeat it all over again :/

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

I’m really sorry you’re going through this. Here’s the thing: I don’t think you should go through it alone, and I do believe therapy would be good for you. If you’re having trouble reading a book on your own, support from someone who is trained and familiar with these situations will do wonders for you. Plenty of therapists understand the mind-body connection, and also take an approach that combines practices and concepts like CBT and neuroplasticity - this will greatly help you.

Sarno doesn’t say to no medicine - in fact, for more intense cases like yours, it may help calm you down so you can relax and start to really work with your therapist. Sarno just didn’t think pain meds were necessary for people who are able to do the TMS work without them. But you’re having trouble functioning and extra support is needed for your situation. It happens to plenty of us and you are not the only one.

There is truly nothing wrong with seeking help. I encourage you to listen to your family. They clearly love and care about you, and you’re in an intense place where it may be difficult for you to understand that. Your grandmother loves you so much she’s taking medication to help her deal with the anxiety she feels from not knowing whether you’re OK - she wouldn’t be doing that if you weren’t the world to her. I can tell you’re in loving, caring hands. You matter.

You should not attempt to treat yourself. Think about all the people who see therapists or go on medication - even temporary medication. Many of us and countless others have! You are not alone and there is absolutely no shame. Please listen to your family.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    stevow7, readytoheal, Marls and 2 others like this.
  3. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

I just want to support Dorado’s point: sometimes we need help! I was so nervous and in so much pain before Christmas that I decided to take again a very low dose of amitriptyline. It works like a charm for me and I know that I can stop it - though slowly - without any problems. It’s a very low dose and I never had withdrawal problems. I also don’t have any other unpleasant side effects. And I see a psychotherapist who helps me tremendously to sort out my emotions and thoughts. I am sure that many here on the forum have used a psychotherapist and have taken some medicine at times.

What I want to say is that it is absolutely ok to seek help, Sarno said this and other TMS doctors say the same. To make this travel extra hard for yourself is not necessary. Instead you could treat yourself kind.
    Maybe this is helpful for you!

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@stevow7 , I echo Dorado and Time2be, 100%. Please believe them, don't buy in to what your fearful brain is trying to make you believe.

stevow7 and Dorado like this.
  5. stevow7

@Dorado @Time2be and @JanAtheCPA
    thanks so much guys! you guys really made me open my eyes and keep fighting for whats worth, living life to the fullest! i already seek out help and tomorrow i have my first therapy in a clinic. im actually so happy. you guys rock. thanks a lot for the kind words dorado. and thank you all for replying.

Time2be, JanAtheCPA and Dorado like this.
  6. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

You deserve to be happy, and it sounds like you're on the right track to move forward. :)

Time2be, MWsunin12 and stevow7 like this.
  7. stevow7

@Dorado, thanks for replying!

so guys, after a long time with therapy i feel like i hit a wall. it seems harder and harder to continue. therapist said “do not reduce one by one because it didn’t worked” “ now we go and control them all” like shes saying i should just accept allll the anxiety from all the ocd and continue living. well yeah i just don’t know what to do now. i see her two times a month. im currently under treatment for my low testosterone level but i feel nothing in terms of energy and happiness. don’t know if the treatment (clomid) is working.

question, how can i relate tms to phychological problems like ocd? ignore all rituals and ocd like if it was back pain? accept the anxiety?

lastly, what books do you guys recommend for ocd besides the ones i already read which are, Healing Back Pain, The Great Pain Deception and The Power of Now (didn’t finish this one).