1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

how to combat tms while sleeping

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Aug 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

hello guys! I have herniated disc l4-5 s1 and I have been conditioned by doctors and programmed to NEVER sleep on your stomach. I'm trying to re program myself by sleeping on my stomach but since we are not conscious while sleeping we cannot handle our emotions. how did you guys break this sleeping issue? i would like to sleep on my right side and on my stomach since that always have been my favorite sleeping positions.
    I have made HUGE progress so far, but his tms problem while sleeping is dificult.

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

That can be a tough one! I had the same issue, I always slept on my stomach and then was told not to in my pre-TMS knowledge days. Once I learned of TMS I started gradually going back to stomach sleeping as I was comfortable. If I woke up at night i'd just tell myself the discomfort was just TMS and change positions for comfort as needed. Ease yourself back into those sleeping positions you enjoy. Don't force it!

Ellen likes this.