1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 How I'm Doing So Far...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mia, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Mia

Mia New Member

I've noticed that I feel an overall sense of "mellowness" that has settled over me over the past week or so. I am constantly becoming aware of new things to journal about, realizing significant issues in my past that I had totally forgotten about until now. It seems like the more I address through journaling, the more I discover I need to journal about.

As far as my pain - I am battling little pop-up pains all over the place. Hip, back, shoulder, neck - most of these are "new" as I work on the primary issues. They come and go, and I have been determined to see them as just a part of the TMS game. I have been walking on the treadmill a lot, and the other day I ran for the first time in years. Just one minute, and I felt some sharp "scary" pains in my right knee but I continued and really tried hard to remind myself that it's TMS.

I would say that overall my pain has decreased only slightly. The last couple of days I've really been struggling mentally, catching myself thinking about possible reasons for my pain - ie, looking for a physical excuse for my pain as has been the habit for many years. I guess awareness is key, I know that I have seen doctors and there is nothing else that can be done, so it is clearly fear and invention that I need to deal with.