1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How i got my Hope back

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I remember waking up in the mornings and wondering when is this going to end lord.-i remember my rides to the dr as time and time again i had a pat on my shoulder telling me things arnt as bad as they could be its only spondylothesis,bulging disc,degenertive disc and probably ruptured disc, after all your not young anymore at 40 -youve lived your life now and the good ol days have caught up with you-gosh this was such music to my ears,

after all i could have swore just a yr earlier i was 39 and feeling better than when i was 29 and really a slight bend in the back yard had brought on all this?

i remember the long painful walk back to the car as i dreaded the ride back home hoping my wife wouldnt have to slam on the breaks or hit a pot hole,lord forbid if we had a car bump us from behind-

why was this happening again after being free for 10 yrs.(i still had sciatica)The fear of a life that had no meaning ,the depression was overwheming after all i hadnt even saved enough to retire on,what was my kids going to do -what were my granchildren going to think,these thoughts were one after another as i had my daily pc sessions in which one cure was worse than the other/id tried them all/no results....

then as id be watching my wife tie my shoes, jack lalanne would come to mind ,at 85 yrs he was still doing head stand pushups and doing full body workouts,and the many hundreds of people that i would notice that were decades older than me still running -living without lost hope and full of life.

werent they hurting?or had life just dealt them a better hand.i would watch folks in there 80s and beyond including my dad moving bending working out with weights,cutting the yard-was it something i had eaten-could they just have been working against the pain-

i know at 85 my dad wasnt-when hed have a sore day hed take a dones pill or something called salt peter and he would be fine as wine-hed also spray wd 40 on his head when his blood pressure would go up or if he had a headache and it worked-now i knew by common sense that dones pills were for the kidneys and salt peter was well salt-what was his secret?

Then out of the blue one day while looking through books on back pain,there was the answer staring back at me and i had no doubt this was it-over the course of days i slowly began to get my hope back/

There was a lot of facets to learn about tms-but if id keep it as simple as possible from the beginning i know as sarno said it wouldnt be so bewildering-

i was looking into his first book (Mind over back pain) and it seemed to indicate that the knowledge of knowing that our problems are benign is enough to heal people that have had pain for a short time and the ones in which most of our lives have been consumed of the pain are to look more into our emotional pain-

his second book hits more so on the thinking psycological formula and is really the prime of his four books to me-thank you lord i was healing/i have read three so far,mind over back pain-healing back pain and the divided mind. and the great pain deception(steve ozanich) i have learned a lot of great info into this miracle that sarno has stumbled upon and fine tuned for over 40 yrs-

by reading his books i can see he encourages others to expand upon his theory-thanks to others like steveos (great pain deception) which to me was a book full of understanding and wisdom, at the same time the way he compliments sarno is second to none,if im gonna study sarno i have to have steves book/i really enjoy all the wisdom i found on this forum....

affirmations,meditation,acceptance,awareness,mindfulness,reframing and this is just the beginning-the tip of the iceberg sorta say-visulizations etc...if you really want to get some deep knowledge its here-if you want it just in steps ,its here....

If you really believe the diagnosis and really want the prognosis you will be healed-after reading the divided mind and the great pain deception i have come to the conclusion that just about anything can be healed by the mind-after all isnt the mind the source that were made of...

i know ive went into alot of descriptions here but the bottom line is a healing is just a belief away-it really is that simple and letting go of the fear that the masses has soaked us with since we were born-

i heard it put yrs ago that the dr dresses the wound and the body heals itself but if the body or brain thinks its doing you a favor then we need to learn how to reverse and recondition our perception to the old paradigms that we grew up to.we can heal our pains,hurts, and scars/

we at one time had our hope stripped by a dr that thought he was telling us the way our bodys were,but now we have a new hope that really works if we work it/its the new paradigm/as sarno said it almost makes no sense at all but it works.and this isnt my dads salt peter or wd 40 formula.

This is what we need,its the true way and its been talked about for ages-it took a man named sarno to put a finger on it and now the hope that was stripped,the victimized feeling,the depression is all but defeated to the person that accepts and walks out the journey laid out in front of them-i have a way out of the problem-i have my hope back-all we have to do is put in the hours of hope-belief-work and conquer the new frontier.

veronica73, Forest and Jilly like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

This is terrific, Eric.

Jilly and eric watson like this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

thanks walt-we do go thru some trials before we
    get the news about sarno

Jilly likes this.
  4. Stella

Stella Well known member

As Dr. Peter Levine says "While trauma can be hell on earth, trauma resolved is a gift from the gods--a heroic journey that belongs to each of us."

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

yes it was a gift from the lord-the stories are so real and vivid
    its like ive went to the medicine man and the transformation occured
    in this case the medicine man is tms healing-
    peter levine is a smart man-thanks Sandy Rae

Jilly likes this.
  6. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

You said it all Eric ... we can heal ourselves ... little children do it all the time, why ? Because they believe ! They don't even think twice about it. My cat and Walt's dog have it down ! ;)

eric watson likes this.
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

yes they do jilly-thanks for all the support-how are you coming along

Jilly likes this.
  8. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

I'm doing pretty good...still lingering...but much - much better

eric watson likes this.
  9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

thats great jilly-you have my e-mail and walts and every-one elses if somethings
    need a little touch-god bless

Jilly likes this.
  10. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

your'e the best ;)