1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How I Became Pain-Free: Discussing Ch. 5 of The Great Pain Deception

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Becca, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Becca

Becca Well known member

The title says it all: in Chapter Five of his book, The Great Pain Deception, Steve Ozanich explains how he became pain-free. As BruceMC noted at the end of last week's discussion, “He’s laid the theoretical groundwork, he’s given his biography, he’s talked about triggers and the genesis of pain, at a point where you’re under stress, and now he’s going to show you how to fix it, how he fixed it.”

This Tuesday (September 17th), the call-in discussion group will be talking about just this: how Steve overcame his TMS, and how his story can apply to us and help us overcome our own TMS as well.

As always, we will officially start at 9pm Eastern Time (6pm Pacific Time). The lines will open up 30 minutes or so beforehand, to give folks a chance to check in and chat with each other before we start discussing the chapter. But remember, the real conversation starts at 9, so for those of you calling in early, please hold any comments about the chapter until we start the recording!

Becca

-----
    Quick connection details (for more info visit go.tmswiki.org/connect):

• If you are connecting via telephone, dial 1 347 817 7654. When prompted, enter the meeting number 18311499 .
    • If you are connecting via your computer (using the Fuze Meeting application), go to https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/48fb7aa8/18311499 and follow the instructions from there.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Chapter 5 is one of the best in Steve's book.
    I'll read it again and try to write a post about it before Tuesday.

I am also going to look back at chapter 4 and see if I can post some
    thoughts on it in a day or two.

3. Becca

Becca Well known member

Just a reminder that the discussion group is tonight! Like always the lines will open up 30 minutes or so beforehand, but remember, the official discussion will begin at 9pm (ET), so please, hold your comments about the book until then so those who cannot attend the discussion live can have access to our discussion later via the recording. Feel free to log into the text chatroom at www.tmswiki.org/chat as well. Unfortunately, I can't attend the discussion tonight, but I am looking forward to listening to the recorded discussion!

Becca

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope lots of people can tune in tonight because Steve's chapter on how he became pain-free has so much
    good advice to offer. And I hope they also can look at my post of a few days ago with some highlights of
    the chapter.

5. Becca

Becca Well known member

Agreed, on both points! I'm sad I'll be missing it. But this is why we record these discussions... :)

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey guys, sorry- but I cant find the mp3 to chapter 5- ?
    Help!

7. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Herbie, you can find the mp3s for all of our book discussion on the wiki page for the discussion group:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group
    If you ever want to find that page, by the way, just Google "tmswiki call in group". It should pop right up. Pretty soon we'll add those same links to our wiki page for the Great Pain Deception.

Here's the audio for anyone who wants to give it a listen in page:

Click here to download the mp3 audio