1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 26 Holiday High

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ines, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Ines

Ines Well known member

Well I had fun for the first time in years. We went to visit some friends at a lake and I actually had fun. I'm still on a high. I haven't let go in years.
    I didn't fuss over my migraines, the sleeping situation, the food, the heat, or the drive.
    We arrived Friday and on Saturday I fought a migraine all day. I even started to get anxiety but I just took some meds and told my brain to F off. By Sunday it was completely gone.
    I swam, I kayaked, I ate junk food, I helped cook, I even taught the kids some songs and they put on a show for everyone. I basically acted like a little kid. I even found time to meditate twice.
    Strangely, on the drive home all of these emotions came up. I kept fighting tears and when we got home I had a really good talk with my husband. I got some deep issues off my chest and I actually feel lighter and happier. I think things are coming up to the surface the more I journal and the deeper I dig.
    Today, I have some migraine sensation but I'm so happy I'm not even thinking about it. I can't believe I actually had some fun. I've been missing out.

Ellen likes this.
  2. Brandon J

Brandon J New Member

Ines! This just made me so incredibly happy to read. I know how it is, not being able to let go and have fun. I went to a barbecue yesterday for the holiday and though I did have fun, toward the end my back was hurting so much it completely stole my focus. I am looking forward to the day that I don't have to think about it. Congratulations, it sounds like you've made a ton of progress!