1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Hiding my emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Deepster, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

From Question to Ponder on Day 10:

Think of a person in your life from whom you hide your emotions. What is preventing you from telling this person how you feel?​

My answer:

The person is M. I feel ashamed to talk about my experience with work (I burned out at my last job) and with TMS. I feel like he won't understand and will think I'm weak and spoiled. Then he won't like me and won't want to talk to me. He might ridicule me, and if he did it would expose my inner lonely, sad, and hurt self.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I love this answer deepsterā€¦. it sounds like you revealed the most buried feelingsā€¦. the more light we shine on those feelings, the quicker the triggers and pain go away. I have gotten much relief with the journalling for this program. I let all my sad sack feelings out on paper, with no one to see them but the action of writing the feelings out - means I literally have moved the feelings and the energy out of my body. Which is a relief!

3. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

Thanks nowtimecoach!