1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hi to you all

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Gigalos, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,

My name is Gigalos and I am from the Netherlands. End of 2012 I suffered from some weird symptoms, which took me on the usual road to doctors, physiotherapists, osteopaths and neurologists, but by coincidence (was looking for MS and was curious what TMS stood for) made me discover the world of mindbody symptoms. All pieces of the puzzle started to fall in the right place and since then I managed to recover 50-60%. The main symptoms still there are shifting pains in the groin, hip and/or lower back and sometimes wobbly legs and the feeling of standing on a waterbed. Other typical MB symptoms are less apparent but pop up once and a while. I benefited from journaling, facing fears, reading Sarno and being active on the TMSHelp forum. What I hope to find here is a more social surrounding where the topics are a little bit less about how informed you are and more about supporting each other. Yes, a bit vague, I don't know how to make it any clearer. Anywayz, that's it for now, cu soon.

greetz, Gigalos

gailnyc likes this.
  2. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

Welcome to the forum Gigalos
    I think you'll find what you're looking for here. Several days ago I created a post letting the whole world know that I needed help but had no idea what I needed help with. Much to my amazement, I got exactly the help I was needing...the support and encouragement and well wishes of others who had been or currently are in similar shoes. The members of this forum are wonderfully supportive in my experience. I'm happy to know you!
    Leslie

3. Gigalos

Thanx Leslie, happy to meet you.

When it comes to the mind, others are often more capable of seeing what is wrong with you than yourself. It is difficult to analyze yourself, because emotions color your vision and till this day we are unable to leave our body and watch ourselves from a distance...

plum likes this.
  4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello gorgeous you,

Love your cheeky avatar and your wise words. We are all mirrors for one another, and I am grateful for your friendship and insights in recent times.

Warm hugs my dear.
    ( a champagne cocktail with an umbrella for me please)

Gigalos likes this.
  5. Gigalos

Cheers Plum, you have a warm soul and I am happy to have met it.

(for me a squashed frog shooter please, ofcourse with an umbrella)