1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hi there...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by happyprince, May 6, 2020.

1. happyprince

happyprince New Member

Hi friends,
    It has been some time since I first heard about TMS and Dr Sarno(like 4 months or more).
    I work as a teacher and when I first became aware of my problem most of my pain was gone.But as you know for a long time most of the people have been at home. These days my pain is back and I have a new pain between my shoulders.Of course sometimes I tend to believe that there is a physical reason for the pain.Actually there are a lot of things to say but I hope to share little by little by time.Today it is the sixth day I have started the pain recovery program and I need help and suggestions from your side.That would really make me happy and I would appreciate that a lot.
    Thanks in advance

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi happyprince,
    I like your name! Welcome.

It is not uncommon for someone to get better fairly easily the first go-round, then be challenged to work more deeply some months or years later. Obviously you're aware of increasing stress during the "lockdown." So normal! It is also normal to doubt that it is TMS. That is part of its action to fool and distract us.

Remember to "don't believe everything you think."

When you're done with the Recovery program, there is the SEP as well. Good luck in your learning.

Probably the most important thing is to not be afraid of symptoms, and have confidence that what you're doing will work. Then it will...

Andy

ssxl4000 likes this.
  3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

I had a similar experience in that I dropped Chronic Fatigue Syndrome like symptoms very easily after learning about TMS, but then I took much longer to get rid of a slew of IBS symptoms. That's normal. I think Andy's advice is the best there is. The main point behind the treatment is to lose your fear of the symptoms (which also means losing any doubt as to their true cause). That may take time, which is fine. People get there at their own pace.

4. happyprince

happyprince New Member

thanks a lot to everyone...