1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

hi new here, one question..

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by cherrybomb, Apr 3, 2013.

1. cherrybomb

cherrybomb Peer Supporter

Hello lovely people, this may have been answered already but do we have access to the dr sarno lectures he gave to patients? Is this what the 6 week prog. is based on?

Like many of you here I believe I have TMS (rather than the diagnosis i was given of fibromyalgia). Thanks mainly to an online friend who discovered a book on tms and introduced me to it i have experienced many little breakthroughs which i was surprised and astounded by. I am keen to start the programme on the tms wiki grp and know my fear of increased pain because of this is a major factor in my still being unwell but I also wondered if anyone had access to the mentioned lectures.

Very happy my friend (who by the way is now fighting fit) directed me to this group :)

thanks in advance for any replies from a hoping to be soon non house bound 33 year old!

2. chickenbone

chickenbone Well known member

Congratulations, cherrybomb. You are in the right place. I also recovered from a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and you can too. Notice I say that I recovered from the DIAGNOSIS, not fibro. I say it like that because the diagnosis is a big NOCEBO. That is what is what needs to be recovered from. Fibromyalgia is a completely made up disease. It simply does not exist.

Karen and cherrybomb like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Peer Supporter

Welcome cherrybomb. It's great to have you here! I am brand new myself. I think we hit the jackpot finding this website! Looking forward to recovering with you!
    Karen

4. Karen

Karen Peer Supporter

chickenbone, I have never heard this wonderful statement before!! Thank you so much for that tonight!!

5. chickenbone

chickenbone Well known member

Karen, don't despair if you had a bad day with pain. It goes like that. When I got rid of the pain, I often felt so anxiety ridden. Now the anxiety has let up, but I am having some pain again. I am not concerned about it, though. I think, with healing, it keeps going back and forth. If the symptoms move around or you get "substitute symptoms" , that is a good sign. Dr. Sarno would say you have the TMS on the run.