1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Everyone, "Newbie" Alert!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Pandamonium, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Pandamonium

Pandamonium Well known member

Hi all,

well I have finally made it onto here, apologies for being so quiet lately - life has been quite hectic.
    For those of you who don't know me I am an ex-back pain sufferer, pain free the last 3 years thanks to Healing Back Pain.

Look forward to chatting with you!

Panda

brianleejackson, Rinkey and Forest like this.
  2. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi Panda:

I've read your story and look forward to getting to know you better here.

BG

3. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Hi Panda, good to reconnect here on the new forum!

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Panda, it's great to see you here! Your good cheer and wisdom are always well appreciated.
    For people who haven't read Pandamonium's story yet, it really is a terrific read. She just posted it on her profile page, so you can easily get to it by clicking either on her picture or on her username and then clicking on the big "My Story" link.

You can read my story the same way. Click on my face!

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

PS, if anyone wants to add their own story to their own profile page, I highly recommend it. Just go to your username menu near the top of the page and choose "Personal Details" then scroll down. Here's a shortcut:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/account/personal-details

6. Rinkey

Rinkey Peer Supporter

Thanks Forest. I went to our old wetpaint site and copied my "story" to my profile.
    And a Big HI to Panda!!

7. Pandamonium

Thanks guys. Well done for pushing ahead with the new wiki site and forum.

8. HilaryN

HilaryN New Member

Hellooo - just made it. Been so busy, too.

Like the forum.

9. Pandamonium

Hi Hils *waves madly* - how's the skating going?

10. Pandamonium

ooh I like this forum format, sooooo much nicer than the last one!

11. HilaryN

HilaryN New Member

Hiya Panda!

Spirals are good. Just learning toe-loops and salchows. I haven't managed a salchow yet - toe-loops are easier I find, cos it's easier to dig your toe-pick into the ice. Can't do a teapot properly yet. I had my skates sharpened recently so my spins are down to about 2 revs.

How's the pair skating going?

H

12. Pandamonium

Hi Hilary,
    your skating is coming along really quickly now, sounds like you are enjoying it. I love toe loops. My Salchow is now a proper jump rather than a spin and hop so it's coming along. I have also started on my loop jump, it's very hard taking off and landing on the same foot. The pairs skating is a work in progress, we've stopped for a while and are concentrating on Level 1 Field Moves but we really enjoy it.

13. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hi Panda. Just making time for this new site as well, and a lot's been going on here it seems! I joined as soon as Rob set it up but haven't really spent any time on here yet. Trying to see how I can copy my profile from the other wiki we were using w/o typing it all on here.

How did I not know you're a skater?!?! Very cool.

Hope you're doing well!

HUGS!!

14. HilaryN

HilaryN New Member

Hi Lori!

Good to see you.

I just copied and pasted the text on my profile.

15. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hi Hilary! Hope you're doing well. You're skating too??!?!

16. HilaryN

HilaryN New Member

Yes, and loving it. :D

17. Pandamonium

Hi Lori, glad to see you on here, hope you are well?
    Yes we all skate, my daughter has just done her first beginners competition and we love skating, it's good exercise and we have made a lot of new friends :)