1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

help please

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jay, Sep 26, 2013.

1. jay

jay New Member

hello I have low back pain from almost last one year.
    It all started 18 months back when i had a fall and soon I had pain going down to my right leg, but i did not bother i kept pushing my self at work as my job was so important to me. and slowly the symptom in my leg started to getting worst and someday i would have a minor pain symptoms in only in my left leg. I had no idea what was going on and in November 2012 I had another minor fall on ice. and in December the symptoms got worst . I had severe low right back pain and testicle pain as well. so i was panic and went back to India (my home country) I got MRI done that showed a minor disc bulge with no nerve root compression. and the neurosurgeon told me there is nothing wrong and prescribed anti inflammatory and some vitamins. but i was tensed that why i still had the pain. Saw couple of more docs and returned back to Canada . then i saw a chiropractor and the pain went from 5 to rating 10 and at that moment i was not able sit more than 2-3 mints. and went for physical therapy, acupuncture, spinal pathway, and spent at least $ 2000 on decompression therapy. but nothing helped me out.Right now there is not a single day when I am not in pain at work , at home, driving, cooking, every time . And I just came across with the idea of TMS on the internet and saw lots of people recovering from the same problem, and I am thinking I might have TMS. as I used to get headaches everyday, stomach problems and I have skin aleergy that does not go away at all. I have read dr. Sarno's all three books. I think I need a hand of help to really understand the way to reverse the process.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Jay! I'd recommend that you start with the Structured Education Program, found on this wiki. It takes about 40 days to work your way through it. Each day you'll read some material and do an exercise. You'll read some success stories and read excerpts from various TMS authors. You'll also be encouraged to post something on the wiki along the way, so others can encourage you on your progress.
    Blessings on the journey!

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Eric- Hello Jay nice to see you here friend, as you know when we get hurt physically the
    tms will immediately gain our focus by holding pain in the injured area.

The way to reverse the process is to become happy with who you are
    and everything about life again, don't focus on the negative side of life.

Loose the tension this pain has caused by soothing more through meditation
    Relax, Listen to some good music on purpose and watch some comedies so you can laugh
    Be thankful for everything you can think of and make up jokes so you can share a laugh.

If you ever focus on how long the healing will take it will take longer so again loose the focus
    by thinking of other things to focus on , Example- when its so bad you can focus
    on another body part that's not in pain. This is disassociation and it works.

I had to come to grips that the physical fatigue will be there as long as I wish it wasn't.
    Stop trying to fight the pain away, sooth it away with the good fight of faith.

Talk your self about how strong you are and how you will win this battle.
    Talk to the pain when you have too and tell it to stop, it'll usually work best here
    after you have learned to be a child again and have had some fun in the sun.

Instead of looking at the problems of life and camping out at lake sorrow
    look to the solution and move toward that solution-
    in other words look where your going too instead of what your going through.

When the pain subsides get back to doing your normal activities
    without fear that you are going to injure yourself.
    Don't worry if your doing everything perfect and stop thinking about what others think.
    This is you and life together ready to take on the world if you have too.

It doesn't matter what they might say, cause they were never a help anyway.
    and the list goes on and on. Stop those feelings of inadequacy,
    Your more than able to win this battle.
    You didn't stumble here just cause, you have a fighting heart and you will win.
    Keep us posted and updated ok- Do the SEP it will really help too Jay.
    You can find it here- http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program
    and this program by Alan Gordon will really help- http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program

These two programs Jay and posting here with your friends at Tmswiki.org should pull you through
    Don't forget all the reminders above ok
    God bless

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Jay, how are you doing? Has the back pain lessened? Have you started the SEP program?

Read my posting today about Steve Ozanich's book, chapter 7, and it tells that chiro and other such
    techniques really don't help much and if so, only give temporary relief. What really relieves the pain
    is working on TMS and repressed emotions. He gives some good thoughts on that and he's one of
    the best healing success stories.

nancy likes this.