1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Josina Stresemann, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Josina Stresemann

Josina Stresemann New Member

Hi there,

I suffer from all sorts of TMS since 18 years (I am 29 years old), and learned about TMS 2 months ago. Today I discovered this forum, and decided to stick to the structured educational program, since although I have found hope and some relief, I am not yet cured from TMS.

I completely believe in TMS, it's so logic and helps me understand all the physical problems i have encountered. I have found a bit relief to the pain issues I 100% think are nonsense/psychomatic, that is tension headaches and back pain. I have had succes with thinking away pain, and also noticed that when i am about to do something that i believe will hurt my back, the pain already gets worse.

I suffer from 'RSI' and a painful shoulder and there I am still a bit afraid that there is some structural damage. I can very much tell myself it isn't so, but there is this little voice inside telling me that if it was TMS, it would have been gone by now, which is nonsense off course. But still. Hoping to start making some great improvement with this program, my life has been dictated by this TMS for far, far to long!

Bye!
    Josina

2. don

don New Member

Hi Josina, looks like we have both had it from a relatively early age. Here is something I have read recently which has helped me a bit

http://www.quora.com/Does-John-Sarn...-or-people-in-specific-kinds-of-circumstances

Let me quote

Furthermore, I manage a team of 100 people in the Philippines. Many of them work 70+ hours a week doing data entry and other typing tasks. They don't have ergonomic setups. They type on laptops. On old school keyboards. And they've never even heard of RSI. They don't know what ergonomic setups are. When I asked our manager in the Philippines if anyone on our team of 100 had ever had pain from typing she said "I didn't think that was possible".

So I embraced Dr. Sarno's prescription: that pain from RSI is pyschosemantic. I felt better immediately. Literally, seconds later. And, now, a week later, I am typing on the most unergonomic setup imaginable: a tiny wireless Apple keyboard, on a desk that is too high, with a screen that is too low, and I'm typing an excessively long answer to this quora thread...because I feel absolutely no pain. It was all in my head. And now it's gone.

And this experience was not just mine. One of my co-workers was having the same issues as I did. And we both started reading about Sarno at the same time. And we were both cured of our RSI pain within mere hours. It sounds stupid. But it's true.

3. Josina Stresemann

Josina Stresemann New Member

Hey don, that's another great succes story. I will keep thinking about this Philippines example today because it shows indeed that if you don't know of rsi, you don't develop it. Good luck on day 2!