1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Headaches Moving "Side to Side" Frequently

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MusicMan11, Aug 10, 2019.

1. MusicMan11

MusicMan11 Peer Supporter

Hi All,

Over the past year I have made tremendous progress in sitting with my daily headache (sometimes Migraine) pain. When a really bad one comes on the corner of one side of my head, I actually feel great emotionally. Almost as if, "yes, I know you are there and I know you are going to pass so there is no need to get worried or freak out even though it hurts like hell." It has allowed me to go through my day normally when it happens and eventually by the time I go to bed it passes.

What I have noticed however, is once it passes on one side of my head, it tends to move to the other side of my head less intensely and keep moving back and forth each day. Some days right side, some days left side, some times pressure in the my forehead until one day I eventually have little to no pain. I have had a couple MRIs and CTs and I know nothing is wrong with me. After having little to no pain that one day, it's almost as if my mind enjoys that so much it gets worried about the whole cycle starting again, despite the millions of times I look inward, communicate safety and go about my day normally and it ends up cycling through again as a conditioned response.

Anyone who has had success with headaches/migraines experience this? Any mind/body tips?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

The only thing I can recommend is to continue educating your primitive fearful brain that it doesn't need to keep you in fear. I found the audio program "Meditations To Change Your Brain" to be very helpful and educational in this regard. The educational component is equal to the meditation component.

3. MusicMan11

MusicMan11 Peer Supporter

Thanks for the encouragement! I know it’s TMS because any time I am in a situation I am deeply enjoying (good convo and drinks with friends, playing a sport, exercising) there is no pain or very little to none. The moment I leave the activity, it seems back in which I just laugh at because it’s so ridiculous. Also between 530am - 630am one side will start pulsating and I will say I know you are a conditioned response go back to sleep and wake up and it will be pretty much gone.