1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Having so much trouble with symptoms and need help!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by beachgirl, Oct 4, 2013.

1. beachgirl

beachgirl Peer Supporter

Hello all, I am new to the wiki and just posted my story the other day and got amazing response that have helped so much. I am struggling however badly and could use all the good words of wisdom and support. I posted under the thread Nasty Symptoms and its about having hair loss as TMS. If anyone could go check it out and help. I don't want to repeat the whole story again here. A very big hug and thanks to those amazing people that have given me sir support already. Amazing. This is so so so hard :(

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Now is when you take back control
    the hair loss has sent you into a shock
    Fear is all in your heart.
    The hair loss is bad but your not dying and that's a plus.

Are you ok everywhere else except the hair?
    Let me know, I know this is scary but you can make that choice to not fear it.
    When you do- the choice will give you freedom from the clutch's
    of these images you have in your Thoughts.

Let them loose and just be in the now with no judging, just be.
    and you should start to get better,From the shock, tonight.
    when you learn to be in control or at peace even with the hair issue
    it will help you keep what ever strength you have
    so you can heal and get better.

I know your not sure if you will get better
    I wasn't sure if I was going to live just a few weeks ago.
    while I was going in and out of delusional fevers
    and barely breathing, I almost fell into the clutches of fear-
    that my next breath would be my last.

I did what im telling you, on purpose choose
    not to be angered or fear these symptoms.
    Keep your faith in living and you will think better in time.

You have to get over the first thought lines but as time walks away
    you will learn to be in control, you will get better.

Stay with a fearless attitude, calm.
    Watch something that makes you smile
    and stay away from the mirror for now
    make the decision now so you can start your meditations next.
    and also your reactions are feeding the fear and anger
    so start right there with changing your reactions
    from loss to hope , let me know If I can help
    God bless.

G.R. likes this.
  3. nancy

nancy Well known member

Please stop worrying. Your hair loss will stop and you will have your hair once again. Do not fear, it
    will return, you have to stop worrying and accept what is happening now. You will be fine. Just follow
    what has been advised to you and all will be well, caring about you, Nancy

4. beachgirl

beachgirl Peer Supporter

What an amazing reply. Thank you thank you! I am all the things you say, afraid, in shock and really REALLY angry at this, at how I look, at having to deal with this on top of crushing financial pressure of not having an income or a job. I am very isolated from this as well, just like I was when I had the back pain, the eating disorder - and mostly afraid and full of doubt that I will get better, that this is TMS, that my hair will grow back.

Your words give me sanity in a mind that is wrecked by fear and judgment and unhappiness.

It is especially helpful for you to point out/remind me that I have some control over this. I cant hear that enough. Funny I conquered inconquerable back pain with Sarno's book, I am a black belt in the area of conquering chronic pain- I kicked it to the curb- but with this hair loss I am dull of doubt and I am crying and cowering in a corner :(

Thank you. I will read and re- read is many times over!

Gigi likes this.
  5. beachgirl

beachgirl Peer Supporter

Thank you Nancy for your kind and smart words. You hut the root of my fear in this whole syndrome- that god help me my haor wont grow back. It been 2 months and there is no new hair, just bald spots on my scalp where my hair was. It seems so much harder to grow hair than it does to stop chronic pain. Chronic pain is easy, its just manipulating blood flow. But hair loss - how on earth can I do that.

Your words are so very helpful. I have no hope it will grow back- it is everything for me to have people tell me yes it will. Incredibly helpful. Is an awful sad process. I appreciate the smart words and support.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hang in there Beachgirl! TMS can take ever so many forms! Steve Ozanich's book has an appendix of all of them--pages and pages! I remember marvelling over the list--"Oh, I have that, and that and that and THAT..."
    I LOVE that you consider yourself a "blackbelt in the area of conquering chronic pain!" If you can do THAT, growing hair back is a SNAP!!
    Blessings on the journey.

7. beachgirl

beachgirl Peer Supporter

Thanks Gigi. What good and helpful thoughts. Thank you!

8. nancy

nancy Well known member

9. nancy

nancy Well known member

You will be fine, stop worrying if you can!!! I understand as woman how you feel. I would also! Stop, Stop, and slow
    down, you will get better, regain your hair growth and be just fine. Write to me, I think I can help you. Nancy

10. beachgirl

beachgirl Peer Supporter

Thanks Nancy! Very helpful!

11. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hey, stop the stressing as much as possible. You are probably young and this fear and humiliation
    concerning your hair loss is normal. You know us women, we love our hair to look great! Yours will
    be back sooner than later, trust, hope, and belief will get you there. Even as I grow older I make sure
    my hair is colored, highlighted, the works. If I could exchange your problem with the leg pain I have
    I would do that for you. Hang in there, try as hard as you can to lessen the stress, wear a hat, get a wig
    for a short time until you have a full head of hair, which you will. Keep the faith honey. Caring about you,
    Nancy