1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9 Have you been overly critical of yourself lately? How and why have you done this?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cirrusnarea, Jul 29, 2013.

1. cirrusnarea

cirrusnarea Well known member

I've found that I have a history of being critical of myself. Lately since I've been in pain and have been trying to overcome it I've been more critical of myself than ever. Mostly I'm critical over myself for having achieved very little in my life up to this point. I have a low paying, menial part time job for example. Also, I've been very critical of myself when it comes to my girlfriend. I keep telling myself that I'm not good enough for her, I'll never be able to provide for her financially, and I'll never be able to do things around the house if we got married because of the pain. Also, music is my favorite hobby and I beat myself up that I still cannot play an instrument very well, or write music easily. I'd like a career in music but have no confidence in myself to pursue it.

This question to ponder really hit home with me. I've just been so critical of myself, like everyday I just beat myself up over everything.