1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Have pelvic pain and I cant quite get it right

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Becca444, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Becca444

Becca444 Newcomer

So I read the Sarno book, and the Alan Gordon program. I have several tms issues, but the pelvic pain is really the one that bothers me the most.

Iwas doing well for a few months but the pelvic pain/spasms came back recently and I'm not sure what to do.
    Is there a daily practice I should be doing? I read the book Meaning of truth, so I know I'm supposed to write out my feelings in a notebook, but I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

I read the post Ezer made on healing pelvic pain, but it's like I dont know how to FEEL the emotions in the body like he says.

I just cant get this right. I'm not sure what to do on a daily basis. I've started slipping mentally back into depression and negative thinking , and am now trying to dig myself out of that hole and back up to where I was. It's hard to ignore the throbbing pain. It really wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't in such a personal spot.

I'd like to try therapy with a tms therapist but there is no one near me does it.
    Has anyone tried Skype therapy? I saw Alan Gordon does it, does anyone know the cost?
    Any advice would be amazing. Thank you.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It sounds like you've never actually done a program. The SEP will get you started with writing exercises. But you have got to be 100% honest with yourself when you do them. Do not allow your unconscious brain to censor what you write down, no matter what. Even if you are convinced it's not important. I'm dead serious about this. The moment you allow yourself to ignore any thought that comes up during the exercises, you're finished.

I recommend listening to Nicole's podcast, The Cure For Chronic Pain by @Nicole J. Sachs LCSW. Start at the beginning and listen to one a day.

Another great podcast is Eddy Lindenstein's Mind and Fitness Podcast. Eddy is aka @LindenSwole. He's been podcasting longer, but I think his first mindbody podcast was his Nov 29, 2017 interview with Nicole Sachs, which is a great place to start.

Both of these inspirational people are awesome on the essential topic of getting in touch with the true emotions that our brains are repressing. If you are stuck, that's where you need to go.

3. Becca444

Becca444 Newcomer

I'll check out the podcasts and work on writing more. I tend to avoid writing in a journal for some reason. I put off reading TMS books I've downloaded as well. I dont know why I dread it, like a kid dreading homework.

Should I do 30 minutes of writing a day? I guess I feel like I'm not doing it right. I'm reading the Mindbody workbook now, and the author asks more targeted questions about your feelings, which I like. When I'm writing on my own, I feel just like I'm complaining about random things, jumping all over the place to past and present, and getting nowhere.

I always thought I was in touch with my feelings. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster of feelings all the time, so it's weird that theres apparently so much more going on.

So as a daily practice, I need to ask myself what I'm feeling all day. Write in my journal when I get home, and read a bit of the books or listen to podcasts. Hopefully this will be enough? Thank you.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

You REALLY need to do the SEP. Just do it!

5. Becca444

Becca444 Newcomer

I'm working on it! I listened to a couple eps of the Nicole podcast and I've learned a lot already.