1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Halfway thru Is it complete yet?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jesse MacKinnon, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Jesse MacKinnon

Jesse MacKinnon Peer Supporter

On day 22 of the structured program. halfway through. I'm instructed to post what the most helppful part of the program has been. I want to say. reading everyone's posts and not feeling alone is it but I must say journaling has been the best. Does the structured program go the full 42 days.
    Seems like I saw it wasn.t Finished.

2. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi Jesse:

The program is not quite finished yet. I ran into the same issue. You could do one of several things.

The TMS/PPD admin team has someone who was going to finish the lessons. I can't think of who that is off the top of my head. But you could:

1) suggest a lesson you think would be helpful. (We're all a part of the wiki, so do you have some ideas?)

2) Keep writing in your journal and continue on if this is working for you

3) Get Dr. Howard Schubiner's book "Unlearn Your Pain" - another awesome program that is a little more intense.

If writing is working for you? Then keep at it! I've discovered a lot just by free writing in the mornings.

BG

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Beach-girls is correct. The program is not yet finished, but I do think it still provides people with the tools to continue going forward. You could easily continue with the program by reading a new wiki page and journaling each day . Really, as BG said, if something is working for you then keep doing it. The thing that I always liked about the program was that it exposes people to a bunch of different methods. It is up to that person to figure out which methods really resonate with them and to more heavily incorporate those things into their own recovery.

4. Jesse MacKinnon

Jesse MacKinnon Peer Supporter

Great. Thanks for the responses and ideas. You certainly are right it's started me on a path of discovery that is very exciting. You remember, Forest, our phone conversation re: Dr. Schubiner? I see he has an online program that I think involves some phone conversations.$100 That's where I'll go next. Thanx again