1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Guided meditation CDs/MP3s that are TMS-Positive

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gio23, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Gio23

Gio23 New Member

I'm trying to find some kind of MP3 or meditation, something that reinforces those thoughts that I am okay and I do have tms. As Steve ozanich stated but I can't find anything like that. I am getting better but I feel like that would take me over the top and be symptom free of my anal pain from tms. I've listened to regular meditation but I want to hear something that directly relates tms pain and how I am indeed fine. Thanks for any help!

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Gio, we have a free TMS guided meditation done by a TMS Therapist in our TMS Recovery Program, donated by Alan Gordon, LCSW:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program#Mindfulness
    Alan is a long term meditator and he's one of those people who you can tell meditates.

If you want more, TMS psychologist James Alexander, PhD has several recordings:
    http://www.drjamesalexander-psychologist.com/apps/webstore/
    Dr. Alexander is quite passionate about TMS and the mind-body approach. As a side story, he woke up at 6:00 AM on a Sunday morning to speak at the Peer Supervision teleconference that I organize for TMS Therapists (he's Australian, so time zones are tough). Several members of our forum have spoken very highly of his book, The Hidden Psychology of Pain.

Another option would be Emmet Miller, MD. While he isn't explicitly a TMS physician, he really gets the mindbody connection and many on our forum have reported that his materials have been very helpful. (Type Emmett Miller with two 'm's and two 't's or Dr. Miller into our search box to read some comments.) He's got quite a wide variety of products, so here is a link that might help you get oriented:
    http://drmiller.com/what-do-we-sell/

By the way, I edited the title of this thread from "need help" to a title that I thought would help get it attention from people who would be interested in the subject matter. I hope that's okay, and you can feel free to change it again to a title you prefer. In general, I'd like to emphasize helpful thread titles so that people who don't read every thread can dip in just to the threads that they are the most interested in and where they can offer the most help.

Whatever recording you decide on, please let us know what you find and how you like it!

Sienna and yb44 like this.
  3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for posting this, Forest. I'm wanting something new/different so this is very timely!

Forest likes this.
  4. Gio23

Gio23 New Member

Thank

Forest likes this.
  5. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

Listening to Alan Watts is great for me personally...finding the bigger picture and realising the power of the mind

Sienna, Ellen, BruceMC and 1 other person like this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

This video and post is very timely. So many people are posting about fear, anxiety, depression because of their pain.
    I do my best to lift their hopes and spirit.

Sienna and yb44 like this.
  7. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I had no idea Emmett Miller had so many offerings. He's even got a download for healing back pain where he mentions Dr Sarno in his detailed synopsis of the download.

I'm actually on a hunt for some free downloads to add to a collection of meditations used by a monthly meditation group I attend. A couple if not all of us have anxiety/fear issues and at least one other person has pain symptoms although she attributes them to structural issues. Perhaps I can sway her eventually, eh?

Forest likes this.
  8. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

Perhaps Louise Hay. I used to listen to her a while ago. She believes issues are emotionally related. But I haven't listened to her lately. To be honest, my favorite meditation is the theta metronome cd I have. It's just a beeping sound that seduces you into deeper states. I like it because I can listen to it over and over again, no words to get hooked up on.

Peggy

9. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Sienna and Boston Redsox like this.
  10. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Great thread everyone, thank you.

11. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Abolish Anxiety Now, by Emmett Miller, MD. He sent me 6 CDs to listen to, in order to see which ones I felt were good for TMS healing. AAN has been the most consistent in its good feedback for helping people heal. I would also suggest, if you desire to get into your life to see the reasons you have what you have, to try his "I, AM" audio, and/or his "Deep Healing" audio.

If you want to go more philosophical and rise above the details and hit the heart of it all, Thich Nhat Hanh writes a new book every month, some are on audio, but he doesn't speak English very well so he often has other people read the audio, like Ben Kingsly. I also think "I Am That" is on audio by N. Maharaj.

12. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks - I have this and some of his other meditations downloaded onto my iTunes. While searching I came across this UK site which has a few more freebies plus other bits and pieces.
    http://www.freemindfulness.org/home

Sienna likes this.