1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Zafirides Great to See The Forum!! (from Dr. Zafirides)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Peter Zafirides, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Peter Zafirides

Peter Zafirides Physician

Hello everyone!

It is wonderful to see the PPD/TMS Wiki forum up and running. I look forward to being a part of the conversation as often as I can. Forums like this one are so important with individuals suffering from PPD/TMS. The validation it provides to each other is as important (if not more so) than the work we do as TMS clinicians. There is such healing power in feeling connected and being part of a group of like-minded individuals. Our thoughts - and emotions - can heal us!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

Realize the strength and power you possess at this moment. Remember, you are carving out lives of meaning and purpose in the best way you possibly can DESPITE THE PAIN OF TMS. I find that an incredibly inspiring reality.

Never, ever doubt how truly powerful you are. All the strength you will ever need to overcome your PPD/TMS lies within you at this very moment - it does for all of us. You WILL succeed!!

In Good Health,
    Peter Zafirides, MD

Forest and Beach-Girl like this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Thanks for the encouraging words, Dr. Zafirides!

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

One of the most empowering aspects of PPD/TMS is that we, as individuals, have the ability to overcome our symptoms ourselves. When I was in pain I remember looking all over the place for different solutions. Turn on the TV and you will find countless commercials for pain relieve solutions and fixes. I have always felt the best part of PPD is the fact that I have the power, ability, and tools to cure myself of these symptoms. It is fantastic to hear a practitioner say it as well! As like what Dr. Z says, Never doubt how truly powerful you are.

Thanks for popping in Dr. Zafirides. It is very uplifting to have practitioners support what we are doing and provide their own take on our conversations, especially when they are as accomplished as yourself. In conjuncture with seeing patients, Dr. Z also hosts a weekly radio show called the Healthy Mind, and has a terrific website dedicated to Mind-Body heath at http://www.thehealthymind.com . There are a lot of really interesting articles on it and it has an archive of his radio show. BTW, he recently interviewed fellow practitioner, Howard Schubiner, and it is a great intro to PPD/TMS. You can listen to it on Dr. Zaf's website. He has also contributed to our own Q&A with an Expert program. For more info about Dr. Z check out, Peter Zafirides, MD.

4. Jesse MacKinnon

Jesse MacKinnon Peer Supporter

Dr. Z I just read"The Monkey Trap". What a great analogy to consider. Can't let go so trapped! Just the thought of that motivates me to let go. Thanks

5. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Dr. Zafirides:

I listened to your pod-cast with Dr. Schubiner. It was really helpful to me and my recovery. Thank you so much for joining us and hope you'll have him on your show again soon.

BG

Jesse MacKinnon likes this.