1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Got it young

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MWsunin12, Dec 26, 2016.

1. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi to all.

This weekend I realized that I've had a strong fear of being ill or injured since I was a little girl.

I know where it came from, but it's my first run reaction to any possibility of being injured or falling ill.

I'm wondering if this is a big common denominator between TMS people. Is it true for you?

thanks,
    Marcia

2. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Hi Marcia. I know that I had a a morbid fascination with illness from a really young age. I remember going directly to the 'disease' section of the Readers Digest and reading it when I was 11 or 12. I would do this with each edition. The fear of getting any of these illnesses horrified me. My obsession with sickness just continued throughout life. I know way too much about disease considering I'm not a doctor and believe me this is NOT a good thing.

MWsunin12 likes this.
  3. 575

575 Peer Supporter

I don't follow any interests that have a high chance of injury
    so I'd say it's true for me.

MWsunin12 likes this.