1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Good advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jilly, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Don't Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.
    - Miguel Ruiz

I once read..."It's none of my business what you think of me". We want to fit in and be liked I think is the reason we care what other people think. Plus life is just easier when we are accepted and not an outcast. We are communal social beings and we use other people as a barometer to gauge if we're o.k. by the responses we get from them. It's so easy to go over-board with the Do-Gooder without even trying, our society perpetuated this reward system and it does have many perks, but it sure does leave you open to manipulation.

eric watson, Forest and tarala like this.
  2. tarala

tarala Well known member

Another one I like is, "What people do to you is their karma; how you react is yours."

Jilly likes this.
  3. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Wow...that is a good one, because if they do something "bad" to you then that act is on their conscious. After the act is "done" to you, it's up to you how you respond and react. :oops:

4. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

"You can't heal what you don't feel " ;)