1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 13 Getting worse to get better?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, May 22, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

The book that helped me the most while experiencing TMS is The Mindbody Prescription. I've read it so many times and always find something new that I haven't noticed before. Now I'm reading The Divided Mind and I find it harder to follow. Maybe because it has so much more information or because it has a different structure. Anyhow... things have gotten worse today. Yesterday I woke up with back pain that almost completely disappeared during the day with occasional leg/hip pain still saying hello now and then. Today I have the very well known pulsating headache and the feeling that my head is being squeezed between two stones. Horrible. It also has a weak neck feeling with some nausea. :( Is this the point where you feel worse to feel better??

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

That's how I would look at the pain. The subconscious is know to make pain more severe when it is close to letting it go.

For the headache, it is probably from emotional stress. Try deep breathing and giving your forehead and back of the neck gentle massage. Also have a cup of tea or hot milk.

3. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Hi Walt, yes, I did just that (did some yoga/breathing in the park, had a walk with my husband etc) and managed to go through it all without staying at home and avoiding the office, which I'm really proud of now. Some symptoms are still there but I'm confident it is getting better now.

4. Betsy4ever

Betsy4ever New Member

I have read somewhere that half of our suffering is in our mind. The yoga and walk coupled with fresh breeze and smiling faces around always do the trick for me...