1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Getting started

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Alanmx, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Alanmx

Alanmx Newcomer

Hey fellow travelers,

The name is Alan, and I wanted to share my TMS story with you guys, see if anyone has had any similar experiences, since mine is slightly abnormal. Last year I took LSD with my friend in the apartment and we just hung out, listened to music, all that good stuff. We decided to watch the original Fantasia, great film, but as I was listening to the classical music, it got in my head and made me a bit crazy. I started feeling a burning sensation in my left wrist and forearm, and as an avid guitar player, I thought I had seriously injured my arm. For a month and a half after I iced it, bandaged it, put it in a cast, took pain meds, but nothing worked.

Then I came upon the book the Mindbody Connection some way or another and I was able to pick up the guitar once more after clearing the entire book within a week. I thought I was done with TMS but a few months later, it hit my throat, and I thought I had gotten a granuloma, since I am also a singer. After getting checked up and nothing was there, I realized TMS had struck again, and now I am doing the actual program to try and rid myself for good.

I wanted to ask if the program worked for anyone to completely clear out TMS, or if this is something you manage all through your life. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Note: This is not an anti-drug story, I am grateful that my TMS has led me on a path of self improvement, and after reading the Mindbody Connection, I reconnected with my love for reading, so overall I think it was a good thing for me. Also I am much more in touch with my emotions, which is good as well.