1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Getting in touch with the inner child

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

So many of us, spend all of our time focusing on the needs of others and what they want/need that we forget to understand our own needs. Call it your id, shadow, inner child, primitive brain, or anything else, but we all have a part of us that needs soothing and for us to understand it. We have spent so much time taking care of others. To recovery, we need to take care of ourselves, and treat ourselves like we treat everyone else. This advice, found at the end of the Little Kate section of Pathways, is a wonderful guide on how to get in touch with our inner child. I am curious if anyone has ideas on how to do this? How were you able to sooth and better understand your inner child?

As a reminder, Saturday's call in discussion group we will be discussing Little Kate's Journey, and ways we can stand up for our inner child. The discussion will start at 2 PM ET. Connection details can be found at www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

OK so I recall doing some journaling about events from when I was a kid. When I got to the point where the anger, sadness, fear and guilt had been processed and a new perspective was needed, I thought of what a loving parent would say to "little Lori". Was a great exercise.

gailnyc likes this.
  3. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Love this idea!

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey all, here's the audio from our discussion on Little Kate. You can also download it as an mp3 by right-clicking on this link and saving it to your computer. Enjoy!