1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

gait problems

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Barry, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Barry

Barry New Member

I have overcome about half the pain I used to have and am back to walking after 2 or more years.
    What disturbs me more than the pain is how poorly my walking gait is. My son says I never move my arms like people tend to do.
    I have tried many methods to correct my duck walk even looking back at snow prints to see if I can change by walking very slowly. Upon looking back at tracks the gait is still stuck in it's duck like state.
    On all these sites I read people have trouble walking. Even when they've not walked for years they only have pain maybe limp as I do but after pain is fading their walking is fine. Not in my case.
    Any ideas and support would be welcome.
    Put similar question on general forum. These two posts are my first on any forum of any kind.
    Background is Metal Sculptor/iron worker 35 years brutal occupation incurring many injuries.
    Next walked and hiked 5 days a week average since I was a young man now I'm 60 live on land connected to hiking out my back yard while I'm walking again, serious hiking with this contorted leg issue is reduced to easiest and short hikes to carriage paths.
    Bar

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle