1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

FREE Meditation Summit

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, Jun 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi there,

I just wanted to inform you Sounds True are holding a new Meditation Summit beginning on June 14–23, featuring 30 leading meditation teachers on how to deepen and expand your meditation practice.

To sign up: http://www.soundstrue.com/store/meditation-summit/free-access?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=C160608-MedSummit&utm_content=Join (Meditation Summit)

The line up includes:
    1. Reggie Ray
    2. Tara Brach
    3. Richard Miller
    4. Snatam Kaur
    5. Adyashanti
    6. Sharon Salzberg
    7. Reverend Angel Kyodo Williams
    8. Rick Hanson
    9. Lama Tsultrim Allione
    10. Anh-Huong Nguyen
    11. Ken Cohen
    12. Jim Finley
    13. Joseph Goldstein
    14. Deva Premal and Miten
    15. Shinzen Young
    16. Thich Nhat Hanh
    17. Anakha Coman
    18. Loch Kelly
    19. Gaylon Ferguson
    20. Saki Santorelli
    21. Robert Peng
    22. Mark Hyman
    23. Anodea Judith
    24. David Frenette
    25. Shiva Rea
    26. Lama Surya Das
    27. Martin Rossman
    28. Kim Eng
    29. Jack Kornfield
    30. Pema Chödrön

plum and Ellen like this.
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Mike, this is gold-dust. Sounds True are quite possibly my favourite watering hole and this line-up is excellent. I'm signing up now.

mike2014 likes this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yep, signed up. I doubt I can listen to them all. An abundance of riches.

Thanks, Mike.

mike2014 likes this.
  4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Bumping this thread as the summit starts tomorrow so there is still time to sign up and enjoy all the goodies.

Here's a preview of the first three presentations:

Somatic Meditation and Connecting with the Source with Reginald A. Ray, PhD

Topics include:

The “bottom-up” approach of somatic meditation and how it differs from conventional “top-down” approaches, guided somatic practice for “Connecting with the Source,” including the use of 12-fold belly breathing. Instructions for breathing into what is known in Tantric Buddhism as “the secret center”

A Nourishing and Liberating RAIN with Tara Brach, PhD

Topics include:

Three primary components on a path to healing and freedom: inquiry into truth, remembering love, and embodying awareness. RAIN—Tara’s acronym for an accessible and powerful support in strengthening these domains of spiritual practice and applying them to situations where we are caught in emotional reactivity. How RAIN helps carry us home to the fullness, mystery, and beauty of our true nature, even in the midst of fear and self-doubt

Yoga Nidra: The Meditative Heart of Yoga with Richard C. Miller, PhD

Topics include:

The core components that form Yoga Nidra as a unique and inclusive approach to meditationWays in which Yoga Nidra brings us to an embodied awakening of our essential nature through personalized practice. A guided meditation through all 10 steps of the Yoga Nidra process, so we can experience a taste of interconnectedness within ourselves and all the cosmos.

Ellen and mike2014 like this.
  5. Ellen

I've been catching a few of these and enjoying hearing about all the different ways to meditate. Yoga Nidra seems to be especially applicable to TMS approaches, so I will definitely look more into it.

Enjoy!

6. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hopefully I'll have time to catch it. I listened to Reggie Ray earlier. Interesting thoughts on bottom-up somatic meditations and how they utilise repressed emotional energy. I think I need two heads to juggle the flood of information.

7. Freeange

Freeange Peer Supporter

Thanks Plum. I signed up and am enjoying the sessions. Really liked the Tara Brach session from yesterday. So glad you posted this thread!!!

8. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen likes this.
  9. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Thank you for posting ! I subscribed but I am not sure I completed the whole process, is it completely free or not?
    I have been following night meditations I downloaded with on my phone Insight Timer. It offers free good quality meditations. Yoga Nidra for Sleep is fantastic. Anyone?

10. Ellen

Yes, it's completely free if you watch/listen within 24 hours.