1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Fred Amir's book...my groin pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by alexandra, Apr 1, 2014.

1. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

Anyone read Fred Amir's book yet? In the book he describes how his symptoms jumped from one body area to the next as he tried many drs and physio therapies leaving him crippled in pain...well it happened to me, I'm not anywhere crippled as he was...as I rehabbed my shoulder with therabands my elbows started hurting, I tried exercises for my si joint (squeezed a ball with my knees) and developed groin pain! Well the groin pain was gone as of 4 months ago and now it's back (still having the other symptoms but much less thank god) all I did was leg lift while laying on my back to strengthen my abs (for fitness not rehab) my question is could groin pain be TMS? It feels like the ligaments on the sides that attach from the hips...I hill walk for fitness but should I rest the groin now or trat it as TMS and keep walking ? This is getting rediculose! Thank you :)

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

First get it checked by an MD. Then when your clear Treat it as tms but don't keep walking if your hurting.
    Write more or think more about your current pressures and process them.
    Focus more your emotional feelings now and see if you can find more to
    do outdoors other than exercise ok, something like a hobby.
    Bless You

alexandra likes this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

What Herbie said! Read Fred's book a few years back and it was a good one (like all TMS books are) and well worth reading to aid your mindbody brainwashing. Pain switching places is the SYMPTOM IMPERATIVE. Can groin pain be TMS?-absolutely, but like Herbie said until you get a better feel for what is and isn't TMS, get a medical clearance from a white-coat to be sure your groin pain isn't a brain-tumor or cancer or something serious--but mainly so you don't sue US for giving you free medical advice. If you sue a tennis player or a roofer for giving you medical advice over an internet message board, you may not have such a good case anyway, all I have is a bunch of used tennis balls and Herbie's shingles aren't the kind of shingle you get from the Mayo Clinic.

Like Herbie said, you have to start posting, talking, thinking and feeling about emotions. What are the underlying subconscious life stressors causing your RESERVOIR OF RAGE to overflow, creating your physical TMS symptoms, like your "groin"?

G'luck!

4. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

My pain moves all over. Started in one knee, then one elbow, then the other knee, then the other elbow, then one shoulder, then one wrist, then both pectoral muscles, then finally both ankles.

When I discovered TMS, I had that entire laundry list of pain every day. Now I've been able to post 2 success stories. :)

I'm not pain free but getting better everyday, mentally and physically. This forum was a huge find for me.

(I've been tested for everything by an MD, all normal)

Good luck and never give up!

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't have anything to add to the excellent posts here, except to say that you might try our TMS search engine. It's at search.tmswiki.org , but you can also get to it via the search box in the upper right hand corner of every page on our site. It uses Google search technology, so it finds you what you want quickly.

alexandra likes this.
  6. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

Thank you everyone! Yes I think when your body feels like its falling apart piece by piece and you haven't gotten hit by a car or fallen off a building then keep on healing with dr sarno methods! It doesn't make sense to have all these rediculose pains, I'm at the point where fear is turning into laughter . I went for my hill walk today and i am feeling better than yesterday. I will get a scan of my groin but will continue walking...and healing :) I wanted to share my husbands experience with a "spontaneous TMS attack" he experience...He is aware of TMS but doesn't (struggle) with pain, he has the odd pain here and there and has always told me to ignore it and it will go away. One day he encountered an intense stressful event at work, the stage his crew was setting up for a concert was about to collapse as people were lined up ready to enter. He was standing there in extreem tension when his back began to hurt and pain started shooting down both legs, he collapsed to the ground and slowly regained his walking and got back to work eventually. He knew it was TMS immediately because I suffer from it and have been educating him. He recovered in about 2 days! No more pain because he didnt worry or fear it at all! This happened about a month ago...

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ellen like this.
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

alexandra, I love how you have that conviction and the story of how your husband pulled through is super.
    I know you will be having a complete healing story soon. Can't wait to hear it.
    You have that optimism to heal, you know you can heal. Then nothing can stop you.
    Awesome. Bless You

alexandra likes this.
  8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I love this Waterbear, Keep us posted on all of your success. Your doing Awesome.
    Bless You

Waterbear and alexandra like this.